4-Homework and Telepathic Powers

Kathleen

"Ugggggggggh," I groaned, slapping my pen down on the open page of my geometry book. This is so freakin pointless, I thought to myself.

"Ok, when in the world am I going to need to know how many 1 foot bricks it'll take to build a house?" Elizabeth asked, voicing my thoughts from her bed. Some people don't believe in the whole twin telepathy thing, but obviously my twin and I have it.

I opened my mouth to respond, right as my phone dinged from the nightstand next to me. I glanced over to my sister, knowing she would be giving me some kind of suggestive look, and I saw I was right as her eyebrows raised and her lips puckered into a kissy face. I reached over and picked up my phone to see that it had infact been Jax texting me.

Jax: hey what's up? :D

Kath: nothing much- bout ready to chuck my geometry book out the window.

Jax: XD I know right? God I hate that class.

Now it was my turn to laugh, only instead of doing it in my head or through text, a giggle bubbled out of my lips.

"Oooooh, so it is lover boy, isn't it?" Elizabeth asked, making kissy faces obnoxiously from the other side of our shared bedroom. I just rolled my eyes and typed back to Jax.

Kath: I accidentally laughed out loud and now Elizabeth is never gonna let me off.

Jax: hahaha have fun with that. BTW do you think she would mind terribly if I stole you away tomorrow after school? I could really use a tour of the town.

Kath: I'd be glad to and if she has a problem, she'll live.

I smiled and laid back on my bed and I placed my phone back on the night stand.

"So it was lover boy?" Elizabeth asked sarcastically as she leaned over to see the name on the screen, nearly falling off her bed in the process.

"Speaking of lover boys,how's Tyler?" I asked giggling until a pencil hit me in the forehead. "Hey dude, violence is never the answer when used on me," I told her, trying to be commanding. It didn't work and we both wound up laughing until we fell off our beds and laughed some more.

"Guys, what's wrong is there a mugger?!" Our older sister Marie came running down the hallway until she saw us on the floor laughing like a bunch of idiots. "Why am I not surprised?" She asked rhetorically before walking away as Elizabeth and I continued to laugh, gripping our sides hoping to keep our guts from bursting.

Honestly there were times when I couldn't stand my sisters but there was never a time in this world when I didn't have them and Marie was so close to us in age that she couldn't remember a time when Elizabeth and I weren't running around causing all kinds of trouble. We were the closest of friends since we were little kids and I had my favorite memories with them.

"Ok but for real Beth," I said pulling myself up and getting back up onto my soft purple comforter. Our room was simple, white walls,black furniture, matching accents- mine purple, my twin's blue. "We need to finish our homework. I struggle enough with this class as it is and let's not give Mr. Sithson another reason to hate me." I told her as I sat down to continue my homework and think about Jax.

Elizabeth

With homework left and an older sister MIA, my twin and I decided we would order pizza using the cash-stash our parents left for us. The only problem: we had very different taste in pizzas.

"Just get half goat cheese anchovies and half potato gold pizza!"

"I don't want the...anchovy juice seeping on to my half!"

"Then get two smalls!"

"You know neither of us will eat the whole pizza, and it will stink up the whole fridge."

"Yeah, but-- what about Marie? What will she get?"

"She's probably just going to get dinner with Donnie, and go into denial over whether it's a date or not."

After thirty minutes of arguing, and a text from our sister, we decided on a simple cheese and pepperoni pizza. Though I would have much rather preferred a-- more exquisit topping, food is food, and it makes me happy.

I sent a quick text to Marie to tell her the pizza was in the fridge for whenever she got home, and headed up stairs to take a shower.

I paused in my room while I was gathering pajamas when I heard Kathleen on the phone, as in physically calling someone. As a-stereotypical she could be, I never knew her to call any one except our parents, and even then, I was usually the one to answer worried parental calls, and her conversation sounded far too giggly to be any relative of ours. It has to be that knew guy she met today... are they moving too fast?

The last time Kathleen had really liked a guy, it turned out that he was just interested in one of our friends, and well... I hated seeing her like that. And as a girl who's seen as one of the guys, I dealt with it a lot, but for someone like her? Luckily, some of my friends gave him a hard time after that, but I still got overprotective of her at times, just as she pushes me to do more stuff out in "the real world."

I made a mental note to myself to try and corner Jaxon and ask if his true intentions later, just before I decide to take a shower with my Eucalyptus scented body wash, I definitely needed it after a day like that. Maybe I was over thinking things...

But then again, I had a bad feeling about everything.

A/N
A bit of a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG overdue update, but why not today, the birthday of my amazing fantastic twin? <3 Happy 18 Kath, even if u wrote the wrong dates on all my papers until 3rd block thinking today was the 17th. I really am an idiot.