chapter twelve---CODE BREAKER

Jackson and I looked through every inch of the gym to look for Scott, grabbing shoulders and turning guys in suits around, but none of them were Scott. One time, I had found Matt, the guy that I had been dancing with earlier, the one who I thought was kinda creepy, and he smiled like he had thought that I had come back to give him a second chance, but I just let out a barely audible scoff and pushed past, still in search mode.

I heard Jackson's phone ringing, but didn't care, kept on going through the gym, not caring about the evil looks I got because I needed to find Scott now, and fast. Jackson had told the Argents, the werewolf hunting family, about Scott, a Beta werewolf, and I was seriously thinking about killing Jackson for it. If they killed him . .

Scott was like a second brother to me, and I knew for sure as hell that Stiles, my actual brother felt that way too. I would die for either of them in a heart beat.

But I couldn't find Scott, but I knew that Stiles was looking for Lydia.

Lydia, Allison, Stiles, Scott . . .

Jackson let out a chocked gasp, and I swung back around when he grabbed my shoulder. "It's Lydia. Peter attacked her. He's taking Stiles."

"What?" I demanded. I shook my head. "No--no!"

I started for the school doors, my brother and the psychotic werewolf Alpha that needed to die, like today, because I was done watching my friends and my family being hurt by this guy.

I got outside just as Stiles was crossing his way to his jeep that Peter was standing next to, and when Stiles turned back to me, he shook his head, telling me to go back. "No, stay--"

"Like hell," I said. "I kinda can't. You're my ride."

I tried to joke my way through this, but I knew that it was a very, very bad attempt.

"She's coming," Peter said. "We're wasting time."

I walked over to Stiles side of the car, getting in the back seat so I didn't have to sit next to Peter, and Stiles got in, and so did Peter, and he said, "Motivation for you to behave."

Damn.

Stiles was already driving, and I stayed behind his seat when I'd normally be in the middle, but I didn't wanna be near Peter. We both knew that Stiles was going out of his mind, thinking about Lydia. "Don't feel bad," Peter said. "If she lives, she'll become a werewolf. She'll be incredibly powerful."

"Yeah, and once a month, she'll go out of her freaking mind and try to tear me apart," Stiles said.

"Well, actually, considering that she's a woman--twice a month."

What the hell?

Once a month was enough, with Scott.

Twice a month on top of that, with Lydia?

That wasn't going to end well.

We pulled over in the parking lot that we knew Lydia would be in the building above soon--the hospital, and when Peter got out, and Stiles did, letting me out of the back, Peter grabbed Stiles by his dress shirt and me by my jean jacket that was over my dress, pulling us with him.

When we got to a silver car that I didn't bother try to know the model, he let us go, and I edged closer to Stiles on the other side of Peter while he started to open the truck. "Who's car is this?" I asked.

"It belonged to my nurse," Peter answered.

"What happened to your n--" Stiles started before Peter pulled the trunk open.