CHAPTER ELEVEN---Formality

I saw Stiles and Scott peering creepily around the corner of the school, and I couldn't resist an urge to scare Stiles, even after everything that had happened recently. I walked up when he started to turn away, and when he saw me, he jumped about ten feet into the air. "Oh, my God!" he nearly yelled, and when he realized it was just me, calmed down, but hit me on the shoulder. "Damn, Stace."

I smiled. "Gotta do something to entertain myself." I nodded to Scott, who was looking away from us and looking back around the corner. "What's he doing?"

"Freaking out about Allison." He turned back to Scott. "Hey, don't worry, I'll still be there."

"Formal," I said boredly.

"I'm still going," Scott said.

"Is that such a good idea?" Stiles asked. "Do you even have a date?"

"Not yet."

"Do you have a suit?" I asked.

"Not yet," he answered with more annoyance.

"Do you have a ticket for the formal?" Stiles asked.

"A ride there?" I did.

"No," Scott answered, turning back to us. "And no."

"So you're gonna ride your bike to a dance you're not even allowed to go to without a date, a suit, or a way in," Stiles said, and pointed at me to finish.

"With werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick you little werewolf ass."

"Yeah," Scott said with a smile. "You gonna help me?"

"Hell, yeah," Stiles said.

"Do you even have to ask?" I asked as Stiles put an arm over his shoulder, then mine and pulled us away.

Well, I obviously couldn't go to the dance with my usual jean jacket and t shirts with jeans and converse.

But I didn't go all out for the dress, either.

It was blue berry colored, down to just above my knees, ruffling at the bottom of the skirt and a heart shaped neckline with the straps of the dress crossing over each other in the back, a few studs on my chest with my hair in a curly side ponytail and black high heels.

I stepped out of my room, feeling good, better than I had thought I would.

Stiles was coming out of his room at the same time, directly across the hall from me.

"Woah," we said at the same time, looking at the formal attire. "Who the hell are you?"

We both started to laugh while Dad was walking down the hall, closer to us, crossing his arms proudly in front of his chest. "My kids." 

"Dad, don't go with the sob story right now," I said simply, practically begging, and he laughed at that. 

"Come on," he said, motioning to both of us for a hug.

"Dad, I'd really not--" Stiles started the same way I had, but then Dad was pulling both of us into a hug, and we both hugged back. 

When Dad pulled away, he was getting something out of his jacket pocket. "Come on. One picture." 

Stiles and I looked at each other for a breif second, both of us saying, "See ya," at the same time and walking for the jeep to go and pick up Lydia Martin. 

I sat in the middle seat so I didn't have to get in the back and ruin everything, Lydia on one side of me and Stiles on the other when we got to the school, Stiles getting out and walking around the car to open the door for us, which he had never done before for me, and I knew he only did it because of Lydia, Lydia getting out and then letting me, her dusting herself off and Stiles closing the door when Jackson and Allison were walking towards us and the school.