23:Blinded.

Well pretty much our club is going downhill, Jesse St. James did become our choir consultant and Finn and I were skeptical. This week, Nationals was written on the board in big, bold letters.

"This is it. We've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and it's finally here. Now I was talking with Jesse, and he agreed that we should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition. I was thinking of doing one group number, and one duet." Mr. Schue explained.

"Rachel and I should do a duet! We killed it last year at Regionals with Faithfully." Finn said a little to loudly.

"Yeah, killed us. We lost." Quinn scoffed.

"May I?" Jesse said.

"I agree that Rachel should sing lead, but Finn, I think it's best if you sit this one out. Fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers, and Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can dance. You kind of sing and dance like a zombie trying to poop." Jesse directed his harsh words towards Finn and River spoke up.

"Mr. Schue this guys a jerk! He used to be your competition, you'd think he'd lighten up." She snapped.

"Jesse, maybe you could, uh be a little gentler with your advice." Mr. Schue turned to him. 

"Gentle?" He asked.

"Yes."

"I'm sorry," He grumbled.

"I didn't realize that we were training for the "good try" ribbon at Nationals. I thought we were in it to win this damn thing. And there's only one way to do that, The Vocal Adrenaline strategy is simply identify your best performer and build the entire performance around them." Jesse said and I rolled my eyes.

"So what does everybody else do?" I asked.

"And who's our star performer?" River asked.

"Well, we're going to audition. I'm going to post a sign up sheet later this afternoon." Mr. Schue explained.

"I don't think this is really our style Mr. Schue." Finn spoke up.

"I think this is more, Vocal Adrenaline." I added.

"It's just a change!" Mr. Schuster replied.

*The next day*

"Lizzie, are you signing up? Santana,Kurt, Mercedes, and I already have." Rachel walked beside me on the way to Glee club.

"I don't think I will." I said quietly.

"Jesse's pushing us hard enough already." I sighed and she shook her head.

"No he's not!" She implied.

"You're blind with love Rach." I sighed walking into Glee, dropping the conversation with my older sister.