✦ three: ball of sunshine ✦

Start from the beginning

"What?" Josh greeted rudely, putting the phone to his ear. He didn't even bother to check the caller ID because he was so annoyed and ready to fight the one who disturbed his slumber.

"Well, hello to you too! Aren't you just a ball of sunshine this afternoon?" Corey answered, bitterness dripping through his voice. Of course, he switched to his normal cheery-self. "So, how's it going?"

"Corey, why are you calling me? You're supposed to be in class."

"Right, so here's the deal. Theo's on his way to your house to snatch the girl. I think Tracy's coming too." Corey told him. Josh rubbed his face, grumbling as he tried to wake up.

"And? Why is that my problem?"

"They wanna take her back to school to get her enrolled and I think you have to go too. Something about not wanting us to be alone. I mean, I'm with Mason right now but Theo thinks Hayden and I are in the weight room, but she snuck off to see Liam." Corey explained to the older friend.

"No surprise there, even after he told you not to, nice." Josh commented, stumbling to the front of his room as he looked around for the girl. "Alright, thanks for the heads up."

"No problem, I'll see you at the pack meet then?"

"Yeah, see you there." Josh made a mental note to remind the two young ones to shower before the meeting. Just because they were chimeras doesn't mean they didn't have a sense in smell.

The curly-haired boy found himself wandering carelessly around his house, finally coming to a stop when he found her sitting uncomfortably on the couch. Ambrosia sat up straight with her hands in her lap as if she were afraid if she breathed, she'd break it. She smiled in his direction without looking at him. It was enough to help calm his nerves and wake up fully.

"Tracy and Theo are coming. We're applying you for school, get dressed in something..." Josh had to look at her up and down before finishing with, "Modern."

"What do you mean by modern?" Ambrosia inquired with a tilt of her head and eyebrows furrowed. This was the definite attire she wore up in Greece and surely, no one had any conflicts with the way anyone was dress and if there were, if was because they weren't naked.

"Modern. As if you're not dressed to go see the Queen of England."

"I do not know the Queen of England," Ambrosia frowned, not really sure what the boy meant.

"Jeans, sneakers, a t-shirt- anything but a fancy dress. And lose the headpiece, you might have been a goddess in Greece but here you're a teenage girl as everyone else around these parts." Josh told her. He didn't mean to be so harsh, he just wasn't a patient person.

Ambrosia huffed standing up, linking her fingers together to pop her knuckles, which made Josh cringe as he heard her bones crack. She wiggled her fingers which cause this- glitter-type sparkle to fall from her fingers. Josh was about to protest and talk about making messes but the glitter actually never touched the floor. They moved- circled around the goddess, there was so much of the substance that he didn't even see her dress being stripped of her body and being replaced with a light pink shirt, a pair of white shorts, and white Nike's. Her nice, thick, tanned legs were now on display and Josh had to admit, she was beautiful. The headpiece was also transformed into a necklace, a gold chain with a single gold leaf hanging down.

Ambrosia already missed her dress, how free her legs felt without the restraint against her waist because of the elastic in her pants. She also didn't know how to tie the laces on her shoes, which would probably be a problem if Josh had no idea what the hell they were either.

"Okay, they should be here any moment now," Josh snapped out of his daze on the girl. "So tie your shoes so we can get going."

A blush rose to her cheeks as she looked down at her covered feet. "Um- I don't know how to..." Ambrosia shamefully admitted, not looking up at Josh, who actually, now that she thought of it, intimidated her a little bit. Theo hadn't intimidated her one bit and the only other person she was intimidated by was Tracy.

Josh cracked a smile at her. He found her cluelessness sort of cute and he really liked how rosy her face looked, it added a glow. He knelt down in front of her, taking the laces in his hands and tied them tightly for her so she wouldn't trip.

"Thanks Josh..." Ambrosia was quite flattered. Whatever he was feeling was radiating off of him and she could physically feel it whether she wanted to or not. Josh was nervous and blushy, Ambrosia was the same.

When Josh stood up, he hadn't realize how close he was standing to her. Ambrosia was facing his chest, he was a clean 6 feet tall and she framed a 5'1, and oh boy did he smell great. She didn't even know she was holding a breath until a car honk outside frightened her out of her wits and the two of them jumped at the little scare.

Ambrosia blinked a few times as Josh backed away from her, grabbing his lanyard that held a few keys.

"And that's them, so we should probably go before-" Ambrosia was already ahead of him, walking towards the door. "Yeah."

///
dope sauce

rany🌻