The Bag chapter 14

Start from the beginning

"You, are in Toronto" he said sitting down next to me.

"What! Why am I in Toronto?!" I screeched.

"Don't ask me, I'm just an innocent bystander" he put his hands up in defense.

"I don't appreciate your sly comments" I huffed, "I don't even know your name"

"Tate" he said sticking his hand out.

"Tate" I nodded and shook his head.

He stared at me for a couple of minutes before speaking, "and your name...?" He drug out.

"Oh, Ashlyn" I said quickly. Why am I so stupid?

"Nice, so Ashlyn, why are you here?" He asked moving closer to me.

"I don't know" I shrugged.

"How don't you know why you're in a different country?" He rose a brow.

"How do you know I don't live here?" Squinted at him skeptically.

"I don't, I'm just assuming since you don't know why you're here. You are sleeping on a park bench, and since you look like you haven't brushed your hair in two weeks" he motioned to the bench, then to my hair.

"Well thanks" I rolled my eyes, "for your information, all I remember is running away from my boyfriend" I sighed.

Boyfriend. Brandon! He must be so worried! Wait, no, he's probably with his gang right now, he doesn't care about me.

"Boyfriend huh?" Tate smirked, "why would you be running away from your boyfriend, and end up in a foreign country?"

"Good question. But, I don't exactly know the answer to that question" I confessed.

•••••••••

Brandons POV

"Come on guys! We have to keep looking" I groaned I tried to encourage the guys to keep looking for Ashlyn.

She's been missing for a week now and her parents are blaming it on me. It really is my fault though, if I would've chose her right then and there, she would still be here.

"Let's search around the subway stations and train stations guys, maybe she is leaving the country" I sighed and rubbed my head.

I need to find her and tell her I chose her over the gang.

•••••••••
Ashlyn POV(A/N: btw, i don't know much about Toronto so if I'm wrong about something here, please tell me)

"So, how old are you?" I asked Tate while sipping my milkshake.

We were sitting at a small cafe on a street corner just asking each other questions, and hoping to find out why I'm here in Toronto.

"I'm 22" he said and I nearly spit my drink out all over him.

"You're 22?! You look 18!" I coughed from swallowing my drink wrong.