Chapter 5: Confess

I've walked to school with Tyler to school for basically a week now. It was Friday today, and we've all made the realization that there was a month and a half left of school. As a friend group we've basically already made a summer plan.

School has started becoming less of a priority, and there's been plenty of goofing around from many students in our classes.

Only dreadful thing that was the finals coming up in the next bit here. Not all curriculums have been covered yet but I've been studying what I know like crazy for awhile now. I did not want a mark lower than 85% on these exams.

All my friends, especially Tyler, think I need to relax a little. Even my family members were a little worried. I've also been returning to some of my old habits since Logan's arrival. Staying quiet at the table, shying away from others friendly hellos. I was already creating an anti social shell.

Then my friends decided it was time to talk.

We all walked over to Tyler's house so that we could all just talk. I sat on opposite ends of all of them as if I was visiting a therapist or in a meeting or interview.

"What's been going on Nicole?" Kevin asked. I wasn't sure why he was the first to say anything. Usually it's Shope or Tyler, maybe Shope's been worried about me and it's affecting their relationship that I'm still not sure is official.

"You haven't been acting yourself." Roach stated, again. Not expecting Shope and Tyler to be the ones to take their time to say something. They looked pale and worried, it was odd.

"I uh swear, it's n-nothing." I answered anxiously.

"We can help you with whatever it is." Shope said, took her long enough to speak up.

"It's seriously not even a big deal." I answered frantically.

"I know what's wrong Nicole, you can tell us. You'll feel better." Tyler finally spoke up. I guess he was just reading my mind, dang it sometimes I wish he wasn't capable of doing that.

I let out a gentle sigh, "Okay, I guess there is no point in hiding it. I'm scared that since Logan is here, everything is going to be like it was before I moved here. Everyone hating me, wanting to harm me, degrading me." I drifted off in my voice. Trying not to cry from the memories.

"Oh Nicole, it will never be like it was before. Not as long as at least on of us four breath." Shope told me, her face was serious. In fact all of their facial expressions were very serious about what Shope had just told me.

"It's only going to get worse though, I don't want to see you picked on like never before because of me." I explained to them.

They all just smiled and pulled out their battle balls. I smiled too, I almost forgot we had superpowers. We can't reveal our identities, but we can fight the virus I like to call Logan.

I can't blame him for everything though. It's how he was raised, and how his dad was raised and so on. He's just pulling through with a family tradition. He was never taught anything else but to make my life miserable, and at times I think he feels like that's his only purpose in life. I almost feel bad for him, I don't really know his story though. For all I could assume maybe he hates hurting me, and actually feels pain knowing what he's done. Only since that's what appeals to his parents that what he does. Or it could be the total opposite, he really is heartless and takes great pleasure from my pain.

Either way, I've never actually talked to Logan before, and his story to me is as mysterious as that island in that book.

POV Unkown

"So you want to see Nicole's future ruined right?"

"Of course I do." I answered without question. This mystery guy is offering me the greatest ability to take out the pathetic organisms that goes by Nicole. How could a person not take this opportunity.

Sure I had many questions about why the guy was blue, wore a cape, had minions, these risk things, flew a space craft and a few other things. None of those mattered though, I could finally destroy Nicole's life once and for all. My parents told me if I could influence her into suicide they'd boost my allowance significantly. I can't actually wait to test out these gadgets that totally cool guy gave me.

I don't really want her to kill herself. I actually want to be her friend. I can't though, never will. In fact I'm going to erase those thoughts, I don't care if she's the most beautiful creature you've ever seen...I mean pathetic, beautiful, no pathetic creature. Or her soft, sweet, gentle- weak, lame, pathetic voice.

So I admit it, I have a crush on Nicole. The sad thing is, I have to ruin her life when I want to be the one who makes it awesome. I want the feud to end so I can love her. I'm not allowed, my parents would disown me if I even dared compliment even just her outfit.

Although it hurt a lot to see her on a date with that blonde kid, I can use this jealous feeling I shouldn't even have to help me. I think I might, and now I have even more power to do so.

Nicole's POV

We finished up our little meeting and ended it with a big group hug. I was happy and already felt like I was crawling out from under this pile of snow I've been buried under.

One thing I had noticed more recently is the lessening of Logan's habits of bugging me. Like was he planning something big, too busy influencing the school? I had no clue. It's Logan. A malicious child who wants the world to watch me burn.

A/N
I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I've been taking breaks because school has been stressful lately and for weeks now I've been fighting to stay out of depression so I hope you all understand.

QOTD: Mystery POV(Logan) confessed a lot, has your opinion of him changed at all since when he was first introduced?