Chapter 2 (The Dare)

Start from the beginning

“It’s because I’m H.O.T. and my looks is giving your ego a little boost by hanging out with me.” He was wiggling his eyebrows at me and I just gaped at him gobsmacked.

“You self-conceited jerk, I’m surprised you’re not in love with yourself… oh wait you are, so Mr. Egotistical Narcissist what is our agenda this lunch?” Ron was again stroking his invisible beard before an expression occupied his face and turned to me.

Shit, every time he has that look only bad things happen. The last time he had that expression; the two of us were being chased by a po-po and almost got arrested.

I was now squirming in my seat. “Well I remember you daring me to eat some ‘Mystery Meat’ my darling Cadence.”

Oh, this is bad… real bad, every time the expression ‘darling Cadence’ is uttered from his mouth it’s a hundred percent sure that I’ll be facing a world of pain. I’m now regretting asking him what to do this lunch. I surreptitiously glanced at the exit, calculating the distance from my seat, maybe I can sneak out while this jester is thinking. I looked at the evil mastermind… shit, shit, shit… triple shit… he’s already focused onto me.

“Uh, uh, uh, no use running from me darling Cadence, I’m a track-star remember? You can’t outrun me ya fool.” I sighed, no use sneaking from him when he’s in ‘the zone’; well I loved my life while it lasted now it’s time to face the music.

“Alright, now stop speaking ghetto or I’ll give you a double whammy.” I glared at him while Ron just scoffs.

“Moving on, about the ‘dare’… I want to spice it up a bit more, so why not place a bet on it?” I looked at him bewildered.

“Are you seriously contemplating on eating that brew? I don’t even know what’s in there.” I shuddered.

“That’s what makes it a mystery.” Ron rolled his eyes while giving me a DUH look. “And here I thought you were the smart one…” I just waved Ron off.

“Ok, so here’s the deal ‘darling Cadence’.” I winced at this and braced myself for the apocalypse. “I’ll try to eat a serving of mystery meat and if I don’t finish it then I’ll be your slave for a whole month, I’d be on your beck and call.” My eyebrows lowered, a month? He’s willing to do it for that long? Hmm, something’s fishy.

“So what’s in it for you?”

He was now grinning like the idiot that he is; he then wiggled his finger at me gesturing for me to come closer. He then went to my ear and whispered.

“Y-you, you have to dress up as a girl for a whole day and come to school wearing those clothes, oh and you’d also be wearing make-up and all that she-bang.” My eyes widened and my jaw dropped, the asshole wants me to get killed! I grabbed his collar by the neck and faintly choke him .

“I’m going to kill you!” Ron grabbed and pushed my hands away from his neck.

“No you won’t, you’ll go to prison and then you’d lose your V-card to some random jail mate and I don’t think you’d want that. Besides it’s only for a day, people won’t even recognize you.” I pondered on this… well I do get to slave-drive him for a whole month… hmm I could even make him clean up my room so that mum would stop nagging at me, yeah that’s it b-but what if I lose? Damn this is hard…

“Cadence, would you stop doing that, you’re seriously creeping me out with the faces you make, oh and to make it easier for you… if you backed-out out of this I might be tempted to spill some of your dirty little secrets… like that one in freshman year!? Remember?” I blanched and my face paled by a couple of shades lighter.