49. So It Was Silas Fitch

Jeremiah's eyes snapped open. He was surrounded by a canvas of white. There was absolutely nothing in every direction but one other person lying on the floor. They looked like they were out cold, and Jeremiah, being polite, decided not to wake them right away. Instead, he looked around for a moment. It was calming, this landscape of nothingness. One could live forever in such a place like this if it weren't for things like hunger and thirst.

          Jeremiah sat for a few minutes--or hours or days--in the nothingness, letting himself be soothed. After all, being sent to the White Abyss is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, as it's not everyday you can destroy a mass amount of power and change reality around you as a consequence. Finally, Jeremiah opened his eyes. He was still in this White Abyss, and the person seemed to be waking up. Always wanting to meet new people, Jeremiah walked up to them.

          The person was clearly a dude. He had long hair tied back into a ponytail, and he wore a simple blue jeans and white t-shirt. He also had a blue-and-black checkerboard jacket over it, implying that he like the color blue. He also seemed to be Jeremiah's age, and when he stood up after a moment, he was about three inches taller. The young man rubbed his eyes.

          He looked at Jeremiah for a second, then had an expression of sudden realization. "Hey! You're Jeremiah! My new hero!" he said with genuine happiness. Jeremiah snorted. "A little late for that, man, I think we're both dead," he responded.

          "Oh, pshaw, we're fine. We've just been sent to the White Abyss. Soon our realities will be refreshed, and we'll return to our 'normal'"--he made air quotes when he said that--"life. At least that's what Aodak told me." The young man then looked down, his brow furrowed, as if he wasn't one hundred percent certain that was what Aodak told him. Jeremiah made a face of confusion at him for a moment, then came up with a response. "Who are you? And why are you talking about Aodak? Isn't he evil, like the lord of chaos or something?"

          As the other young man spoke, his eyes said, you barely know a smidgen of the truth. "Actually, no, Aodak isn't evil, even if he is the lord of chaos. He was just rejected by the Mighty Thirteen because when he first applied, he couldn't control his power. Now he can, so he should really just be called the lord of storm, as that is way more accurate. Oh, yeah, I'm Silas Fitch, master of storm. Nice to meet you." Silas held out a hand. Jeremiah, being a polite person, shook it and repaid the pleasantry. 

          "So, Aodak is your mentor, and you're a Destined of storm?" Jeremiah asked. Silas nodded. Another question popped up in his mind. "Why am I your hero? What did I do for you?" Silas nodded again, this time to show that he had been waiting for Jeremiah to ask that question. "You see, I was actually trapped inside Castle. I was his power core, so to speak. I made a deal with TG--that stands for something, I know it, but I can't remember what--and he trapped me inside of an evil being. When you called forth the Wolves of Midnight, they destroyed Castle, and I got free."

           "But Heather told me Castle said--" Jeremiah began.

"Castle lied. Either that, or he was wrong," Silas responded, then seemed to see something behind Jeremiah, over his shoulder.

          "Hey, I think that's your door. Mine must be--" Silas said, turning around to see another door behind him, the name Silas clearly printed on it. "Ah! Anyway, I'll probably see you later, Jeremiah! Goodbye for now!" He ran up to the door, opened it, then hopped inside with a click of the heels. Jeremiah turned, seeing a door with  Jeremiah printed on it. He walked up to it, opened the door, then walked inside, with no click of the heels.