On Isis and Jidenna's Relationship

I think its important to note that Jidenna and Isis aren't the typical situation.

Isis knew Jidenna before she even  knew Lamar. Jidenna gave Isis a job when she was in need. If you go back and read she liked Jidenna then, but he was engaged at the time.

By the time Jidenna noticed be had feelings for Isis, Isis was in a relationship with Lamar.

When Jidenna confessed his feelings and kissed her, she shut that shit all the way down.

I think it's important for people to go back and read. We forget vital story lines and paint things to be different than what they are.

Some people are making Isis out to be some hoe, and she's not. She has always, always respected Lamar. Always.

And even Jidenna, besides the kiss was respectful. I believe that's why he left the bar. Out of respect. He could've stayed and been petty. But if you really love someone you respect them and he always, respects Isis and her relationship.

Now I don't know what's going to happen after this lol.

But I will say Love in real life is complicated. It's never black and white. This story is trying to demonstrate that.

You can be married and love your husband totally, but that doesn't mean you forget loves in the past.

What about people who have spouses who die and remarry? You think they forget their dead spouse all of sudden after their remarried? It doesn't work like that.

Feelings can't be turned off like that.

I can see if Lamar and Isis were together before she knew Jidenna. And then she had wandering eyes. But this is not that. It's not Tyler perry's temptation. Isis wasn't some poor girl in an unhappy marriage and some man with money and power came along.

No Isis was a woman in need and Jidenna was there consistently. Even when he had no feelings for her.

Jidenna proved he was a good guy before LAmar was even in the picture. Bought her groceries, gave her job, etc. and still though he loved her first, respected her relationship with another man.

I understand the points about grass is greener, but this isn't that story.

I'm not interested in writing stories that demoralize women. So this ain't gon be no everybody cheat fest. But I am interested in writing stories that show the shades of grey in love. And how sometimes your heart isn't where your mind is.