The Were-Maid

Prolougue

I was so excited!!!! We were finally moving in together. I can finally forget my shitty old life and start new with my amazing boyfriend. Trey is everything you could ever want in a guy. He is tall, dark skinned, handome and caring. He always takes me out on cute little dates and buys me things. He says I don't need to work anymore because he's going to provide for us both. We're moving from Essex, England to a town of Red Bank, New Jersey. 

I'm leaving every shitty aspect of my life behind me and moving forward with my boyfriend who loves me dearly. I walk outside and see the few of my "friends" that I actually have. Tayla, Maurice and Ebony all stood there looking uninterested. Like they had to be here to wish me goodbye. They all took their turns hugging me before saying good luck.

I got in the car with my boyfriend and we started driving away from Essex towards the airport.

That was a week ago. Everything seems to be settling in perfectly and to be honest I can't wait for more. Everything in my life is perfect. I live in a small one bedroom apartment on top of a chinese restaurant. I share the same bed with my boyfriend and we have a tiny kitchen. It's perfect, sometimes I wish we had a nicer place but I'm starting over and this is all we can afford. We're renting it from Mr. Wu the guy who owns the chinese restaurant. 

I get out of Trey's car and walk up the stairs to the second floor and stop outside my door. I unlock the door and walk inside slowly. It seemed unusually quiet, generally over the last week he would be watching tv and lounging on the couch like the slob he is. Sometimes I doubt whether I actually love him or not?

"Trey honey?" I called out. I walked into the bedroom but it was still neat from when I made it this morning. "I must be dreaming," I said to myself.

I walked into the kitchen to get me a juice box and saw a scribbled note on the kitchen bench. 

Dear Coralyn,

If you reading this you've probably walked in the door calling out my name.

I'm not here, I'm never coming back.

You see you were the perfect escape plan to get out of our shitty essex town. I'm not an Essex boy and your not an Essex girl. Let's face it we didn't belong there. 

That doesn't mean we belong together either.

I left because I'm leaving for New York to become a movie star. What I always wanted. I left you in Red Bank because this is your sort of town. Remember how you enroled in school so you can go back and get an education? Well you start tomorrow.

I don't expect you to ever forgive me but one day I want you to know that this is best.

I don't love you, I never really did.

The truth comes out I guess....it's sad how it is has to happen like this isn't it? I guess I don't mind too much. I just want to become something more. All you've ever wanted was to live a normal life. Now you can. 

Goodbye

Trey

I needed to go for a swim. Swimming was the only thing I could do for myself to make me not break down into tears. I may have thought a couple times that Trey wasn't for me but that doesn't mean I'm not hurt. Sure I have thought that I could just leave him and start a new life bymyself but that doesn't mean I actually would have. Trey was my support system and even though he wasn't very good at listening he tried...sometimes.

Coral would have to take control of my emotions, of my feelings so that I can recover somehow. Stupid human emotions why can't I just be like Coral? She yearns for her one true partner but I just take whoever I can get. Well...that is no more. I have to be more like Coral I can't let every guy get in the way. I am heartbroken that Trey left me, we have been together for three years. I guess I sort of saw this coming though.

We have been together three years and I have not had sex with him or done anything remotely sexual. He has pushed and tried to get me to give in but something was holding me back. Something told me it was a bad idea. Trey and I have fought over the fact that I didn't love him because I wouldn't do anything with him. Who is he to try to decide whether or not I loved him? 

Tears fell down my eyes I took my keys and ran from the apartment running towards the small lake that's about 1 kilometre from my apartment. I stripped off my clothes and threw the keys on top of the pile before throwing myself into the icy cold water. 

A shimmering light filled the water, my legs stuck together and my hair turned a darker shade of greeny blue. I know it sounds a little weird but it actually looks really pretty. Looks just like the ocean. My bust area was covered by a mermaid bikini top and I relished in the water.

I let Coral have full control of myself. She was in total control and she was relieved to be in the water. As I sat in the back of her head and sobbed about my loss she enjoyed her swim. I knew she was worried about how she was happy and I was sad but I told her it would be okay. I would survive this...after all he was just a guy. Right?

I swam for what seemed like hours before I got out and changed back. 

Ok, I have school soon.

Coral was still in total control of my body as we walked back home. She opened the front door and we ended up collapsing on the couch. Coral felt my tears fall out of my eyes and she couldn't stop them. Some of my control was leaking back in. I told Coral to quickly change full control to her. She was powerless and didn't know what to do.

So she made us fall asleep.