Chapter 7

Kylo Ren looked at Rey, processing her words. What did she mean? She was looking at their hands joined. It was a mistake. Then she glanced at him and without thinking she ran out of the cave, tears streaming down her face. His shout to come back reminded her the day her parents left. She was helpless and now she wanted him to feel it too. After good hour of running, falling and getting up she stopped to catch breath and looked around. She ran up to the mountain, hills everywhere around. One thing was different too. The thunderstorm was gone. The sun was shining again, filling the place with sunlight. Rey found a fallen tree and sat on it, trying to find an inner peace. She closed her eyes and focused on the energy around her. Her eyes were closed and her breath was slow and steady. Breath out. Breath in. "Master Luke," she tried to connect with him but got no response. As the tear from her closed eyes hit her hand, she realised what she's done. She left him there alone. Now, after everything he's done for her. He saved her. He opened her his heart. He told her about his inner battle...and she left him alone. "I am sorry, Kylo," she whispered but there was no one to hear it. She was weak and slowly hit the ground, falling asleep.

She woke up and saw his face. It was expressionless and he was looking at his way forward, not noticing she's awake. She moved her head a bit and saw they were near the cave. He was carrying her almost an hour like she didn't weigh anything. "I am sorry," she whispered. It was enough to get his attention. He stopped and looked at her. Then without saying anything he continued walking towards the cave. "I didn't mean to run away like that," Rey said, worried that she upset him and that he won't trust her anymore. Without knowing why, she needed him to trust her.
When they were in the cave, he carefully dropped her in the bed and then he left to the oder side of the big room. Rey was confused.
"Ky..Kylo come here," she said and when he was not reacting, she decided to change her methods. She focused on the Force, praying that she won't embarass herself. With every piece of energy that was left in her she dragged Kylo towards her. When he was close enough, she let him out, but it was too harsh and he hit the ground hard. "Ouch," he gasped. "Sorry. It was the first time I wasn't doing it with a rock. Are you alright?" He looked at her and grinned. "Yeah, my ass broke the fall. Next time I will rather come on my own," he said and sat on the other side of the bed, him and Rey face to face.
"I am sorry," Rey said and looked on her feet, inable to look Kylo in the eyes.
"Don't say that, it's not your fault...it was my mistake that I thought you might...trust me or care about me...I thought you may understand me, me and my struggle, the pain I feel...I am being torn apart...I...I wish I was never Force sensitive!" Kylo said and raised his voice. "I don't want to choose, Rey! I don't want to be light or dark! I..I didn't mind being called a monster, because I was one, I am one, being at the Dark side was fulfilling me. Killing brought me joy, seeing others suffer as I do. But...everything has changed when I killed him...when I killed Han...He was the first victim I once cared about. Other people I murdered were just things to me. But Rey...I don't want to be that person anymore," he shouted and stood up, took his lightsaber and hit the walls a few times. A tender touch on his arm made him stop. "Kylo," Rey said and waited for him to calm down.
"You're not a monster to me."
"You were the one who called me that," he replied and squeezed the saber in his hand.
"It was before you saved me. Kylo...a monster would not do that...a monster would let me die," she whispered and touched his hand that was holding the lightsaber. She pressed on him so he would drop it on the ground.
"There's too much darkness in me. I can't come back."
"Of course you can...even your grandfather, Anakin Skywalker redeemed himself. Master Luke told me about it...and you know why he could make it? He was strong, he was a Jedi once...and Kylo...he had Luke, someone who believed in him. And I...I believe in you."

Author's note: Wooo! New chapter! Honestly I think it's kinda messy, but I hope you like it. Leave a nice comment and make my day 💞🌟❤💋
(I changed my username from multifandomed47 to xNataleiaSolox 😄)
Final word count (without author's note): 807