She was trying to grab the chair in front of her but I think she didn't notice that it's still a few feet away so before she stumbled on the floor, I swiftly grabbed her waist with my two arms and pulled her up, close to me.

I heard her muttered something under her breath while she automatically placed her hands on my shoulders.

The moment her soft and warm palms landed on my bare skin, I shivered and electric currents suddenly ran down my spine. Specially when she rested her head on my shoulders and lean her face at the crook of my neck, it made my heart beat erratically as if wanting to come out of my rib cage. I almost moan when her lips brushed lightly against my neck but I tried all my best to suppress it.

I don't know what's running on her mind at that time. But the moment she suddenly held me closer to her, and wrapped her arms completely on my nape, my mind went wild. I couldn't think straight and all I wanted to do is to savor and stay in her arms forever.

God, I missed her. I missed her so damn much.

I may sound absurd but this girl is driving me crazy. She's like this newly introduced drug to me that I tried only once but I can't help but to crave for it. A new drug that I tried with only just a few hits, but instantly consumed all my sanity. Masyadong naging malakas ang tama ko sa kanya na kahit alam kong kapag nagpatuloy 'to, ako ang matatalo. Ako ang uuwing luhaan, for the second time of my life.

The moment I laid my eyes on her, I know I'll be doomed. It scared me with the thought that she'll be my second "Cathlyn" experience, but I couldn't careless. All I know is that she just burned all my defenses without even trying and you know what's worse? I let her do that.

So right now, with her in my arms, I couldn't stop myself from getting what it needs. I couldn't stop myself that just this once, I let myself feel what seems so right. That for just for this one precious moment, I let myself be love by her.

However, this should be stopped. I know it's the alcohol that's doing this to her so I turned my intercom on and called Batchi.

"Hey, Batchi." I called out to her while I carefully removed Jade's arms from my neck. This time, she didn't tighten her embrace anymore.

"Tsong! Ano nasan ka ba? Bigla-bigla ka na lang nawala." She answered, worry evident on her voice.

"Don't worry, Batch. I'm still here in the venue. Can you please call Mr. Limjoco and tell him to come here on the powder room, the one near the fire exit."

"Huh? Anong meron, Althea? May problema ba?"

"Basta. 'Wag ng maraming tanong, Batchi. I'll tell you later." I asked not leaving my eyes from Jade. She's now starting to stir from her seat and sweat's all over her face and neck. I carefully wiped it with tissue, afraid of waking her up. I know she's starting to feel uncomfortable because of her gown.

"It's so hot in here.." I heard Jade say with her raspy voice but still with her eyes closed. She sounded so sexy, I swallowed hard after hearing that.

"Althea.." She called me in a rather soft voice but it didn't past my ears before she drowse off. I was still daze from her not until Batchi called out to me in the intercom. I wonder if she heard Jade's voice.

"Tsong, kasama ko na si David. Papunta na kami jan."

"O-Okay." Trying to steady my heart beat and calm my messed up nerves. Pinaypayan ko na lang si Jade gamit yung karton na nakita kong nakapatong sa isa sa mga vacant tables dito sa likod. Hindi kasi abot ang AC dito kaya mainit.

"Althea!" I tilted my head and I saw Batchi and David walking towards us. I nodded at Batchi then faced David.

"Uhm, David sorry di kita natawag agad. Hindi ko rin maiwan si Jade na ganyan. Lasing na lasing ata." I said as soon as they reached us. Nakita kong napailing si David samantalang nakatitig lang si Batchi sa akin habang nakangiti ng nakakaloko.

"Classic Jade. Well, you don't have to say sorry, Althea. Kami nga ang nakaabala sa'yo dahil sa nangyari. But thank you for not leaving Jade's side." He sincerely said after reaching out to Jade and knelt down in front of her.

"Hey, babe. Wake up." He said while he gently taps Jade's right cheek. I suddenly felt my heart slowly being crushed upon hearing their endearment.

Jade's started to stir and it seems like she's already waking up so before she could do it, I politely excused myself from David and started walking away from them. I can feel Batchi is trailing behind me.

"W-What happened?" I still heard Jade ask David before I completely walk away. I know I've done my part as a friend and I know it will only just stay with that. Nothing more, nothing less.

I heave a sigh and I felt Batchi lightly tapped my shoulder as if saying, "I got you, buddy." I just nod at her and gave her an assuring smile.

"You still need to tell me everything later. Hindi ka pa abswelto." Sabi nito na ginaya pa talaga yung punchline ko kanina.

"Aba.." I said testing her while squinting my eyes.

"Joke lang, bestfriend. Pero kailangan mo talagang ikwento sakin yan. Nagpromise ka kaya kanina."

Akala mo jan ha. Hindi ka pa din uubra sa kapogian ko, tsong.

"Oo na. Sige na, magtrabaho na. Malapit na din matapos 'to." I told her while playfully swatting her back but she just laughed at me while she walked straight to her post.

I can't help but to turn around and see if David and Jade are still there but to my dismay, wala na ang mga ito. Marahil ay nakauwi na at napagpasyahan na 'wag ng tapusin ang party.

I let out a heavy sigh and I can't help but to laugh at myself for being pathetic because of Jade. It's like all of my confidence were washed away and suddenly replaced with fear. It's like my own insecurities are killing me the moment I saw David taking care of Jade.

How can I compete with that man? He got everything, literally and figuratively. He got her parents' approval, hell, they're already planning to get engaged right after Pearl's wedding! And most of all, he has Jade's heart. Jade's in love with him and nothing can change that. Unang-una pa lang, bugbog na bugbog na ko. Wala man lang akong laban. Hindi man lang ako papapormahin nitong si David.

One lucky bastard. I smiled bitterly at my own thought.

You still got a long way ahead of you, Althea. There's more to life than this. Just let it flow until you let her go.

Alongside those thoughts, I promise to get this feelings I have for Jade off my chest. I will try to be a great friend for her. That's the least I can offer to my poor self.

You're still pathetic, Althea. 'Wag mo naman masyadong panindigan.

I think I needed a beer and so I did. I let this bitter taste drink washed all my pain and misery away.