'Happy Birthday'

Zayn Malik

"Hi Baby" Justin smirked, licking his lips as he leaned into me and I cupped his cheeks as I smiled "hi" I said shyly. Trying my very best not to smile so much but I couldn't help it.

"Happy birthday" Justin said and kissed my neck softly as I tilted my head, giving him more space to do what he wanted and closed my eyes as I smiled. "Zayn" Justin said as he looked at me, "hm?" I mumbled lazily as he smiled then shouted at my face "WAKE UP!"

"Happy birthday!" my mother smiled widely holding a plate of pancakes with whip cream on them and a cherry along with sprinkles, my father smiled as he held a box with a ribbon on it and my sister Annie smiled as she took a photo of me with her phone.

"Oh this is so going on Snapchat!" Annie giggled.

"Thanks mom and dad" I chuckled awkwardly and my breath hitched as my mother put the plate on my drawer, she cringed at my tarantula and smiled at me "hurry up and get ready Zayn! We're taking you out" my mother giggled before leaving, "happy birthday son" my father said before leaving.

"Oh Justin!" Annie teased and my eyes widened as she bursted into laughter and left. I groaned and I ran my fingers through my hair.

--

I opened the box that my parents had gotten me revealing a sweater that said YEEZUS across the back, shit! This must've been expensive.

I changed into black skinny jeans, my dark red combat boots and put on my YEEZUS sweater, I looked at myself in the mirror and ran my fingers through my hair. I definitely need a hair cut. I sighed and grabbed the razor, shaving off my beard and after I had finished, I rubbed my smooth chin and smiled.

I walked down the stairs and my parents were ready, "you look handsome" my mother smiled "thanks" I said as I chuckled and the door swung open revealing Kirby. "Hello Kirby" I smiled walking over to my girl as I hugged her. "Hi Zayn! Happy birthday" Kirby smiled as she hugged me back "I got your gift" Kirby said and put down a bag "thanks."

"Let's go now!" my mother said as I followed her, my father and Annie out the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked, "wherever you'd like to go sweetie!" "Um can we go to the salon? I want a new do" I said "sure!" my father said and began driving as Kirby smiled at me. "Have you heard from Justin?" I asked her "nope" she shrugged and I sighed.

Why did I have a dream about Justin? Why him? Out of all people.. Why couldn't it be like Eric? Or Chris?

Once we had arrived to the shop, I had the woman cut my hair back to its quiff and asked her if she could dye it blonde, I know it was crazy but I wanted to try something new. But I made sure that it wasn't permanent just in case I ended up not liking it.

When the woman had finished dying my hair, she blowdried it and I looked at myself in the mirror wide eyed, running my fingers through my hair "what do you think?" the woman asked and I smiled "it's perfect, thanks so much" I said and I knew my parents had paid for me already, I walked towards my family and their eyes widened.

"Holy shit!" Kirby said and ran her fingers through my hair as I smiled, "you look... Wow!" Annie said and I chuckled. "You look so handsome!" my mother cried and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Let's go get lunch now kids" my father chuckled and admired my hair as we made our way back to the car.

All of a sudden, my phone began ringing and it was Justin.

I answered and cleared my throat, "Hello?" I said as I sat in the car and I knew Kirby was listening while everyone else minded their own business. "Hi Zayn" Justin spoke and my breath hitched "Hi" I said shyly. "Are you okay?" "Yes, why are you calling me?" I said catching my parents attention, shit.

"I'm sorry Zayn, I wish I could be there trust me! I'd rather be with you than over here but it's my job" Justin said and I sighed, "yeah you're right" I said "happy birthday Zayn" Justin said and I couldn't help but smile, "thank you" I said and hung up. "Who was that?" Annie asked and I cleared my throat "nobody, they had the wrong number" I said and Kirby rolled her eyes "yeah right" she mumbled and I shot her a glare.

My parents parked in front of the arcade and we all got out the car, I can't believe I'm spending my seventeenth birthday at a damn arcade but hey I'm not complaining!

"SURPRISE!" My family shouted, I smiled and glanced at Eric, Xenia, Chris, and Brandon along with my cousins, grandparents, uncles, aunts. "Oh my god, I-I don't know what to say" I chuckled awkwardly trying my best to act surprised and caught off guard but Justin told me about the surprise party already.

"Happy birthday man!" Brandon smiled, "we have your gift but it's at the back" Chris smirked and I rolled my eyes playfully "well thanks" I said and they ran off to play with the machines, I greeted my family and Kirby smiled "I rented this place out for the day!" Kirby smiled "thanks so much" I said and Kirby smiled softly before leaning in.. To... Kiss me?

But Xenia pushed Kirby away and my eyes widened a bit, "happy birthday Zayn" Xenia smiled and shit her shirt was see through, I could see her neon bra. Xenia noticed me staring and winked at me as my cheeks heated up, not because I liked her but because she probably had gotten the wrong message. I barely know her.

"I have a gift for you Zayn, but i'll give it to you later" Xenia smiled innocently and I nodded awkwardly "t-thanks?" I said and Kirby grabbed on Xenia's shirt before dragging her away as I watched them in confusion.

Just enjoy your day Zayn, nothing could go wrong.