4.0

harrys pov

She moves away from me a slight blush on her cheeks, I've never seen her blush before. I knew what she was going to say and I knew she would struggle to get the words out.

"You feel that for me?" She asks hesitantly still backing away shyly.

"Yes, I am completely in love with you." I assure her and watch as the happiest smile I have ever seen appear on her face. I go to kiss her but before I could a gunshot is heard behind me and her smile disappears. I look down at her chest watching as blood gushes out of a small wound right below her heart.

"Harry I-" She doesn't get to finish as I reach out quickly to catch her before she falls to the ground. I set her down gently and press my hand against the wound trying to stop the bleeding. I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest as I watch her cough up blood.

"What do we have here?" I get up and stand over Rowan protectively. It's that traitor vampire that Niall dated and she has a gun pointed at me.

"Don't come any closer." I growl defensively, if she takes one more step i'm going to tear her to shreds.

"She killed James didn't she?" She searches the field where a few warriors still linger, are they not seeing this?

"Yes." I reply bluntly and try to block out the sound of Rowans heavy breathing.

"She'll be dead soon anyway. Silver and wolfsbane, not a good combination. I shot her just below her heart too just to make her suffer more." She smirks and looks over my shoulder but then frowns.

"She's dying and you can't help her." She laughs and it takes everything in me not to rip her head off. I remember Rowan telling me to never let my emotions show in a fight. "Soon you'll be dead too-" In a flash the gun is thrown across the field and she is knocked to the ground.

"Niall." She gasps looking up fearfully at him. He bends down and grabs her throat then looks over to me his eyes widening as he sees Rowan.

"You hurt her!" He yells grabbing her neck in the position that will end her life.

"I did what had to be done." She replies fearfully.

"You are just a traitor to your kind, nothing more and nothing less." Niall says before sharply twisting her neck and throws her body to the ground in disgust.

"What happened to her?" Niall gasps appearing next to Rowan who starts to choke. She looks up at him and he nods his head sadly.

"She doesn't want you to see her like this and wants me to take her to Aurora." He says holding her hand while she clutches it tightly.

"Fuck no." I growl and crouch down next to her. "I am your mate, it is my job to protect you. I am taking you." I say and sit her up. Niall takes his shirt off and tears a piece to wrap the wound.

"W-wait no-t  yet." She protests her voice small and raspy. She pushes me away and reaches into her cloak to get out a small pocket knife. What the fuck is she doing. I go to stop her but Niall shakes his head and quickly gets up to drag Rachael's lifeless body over to us. Rowan flicks the knife open and sloppily slashes down her face then smiles.

"F-finally."

_________

I pace back and forth restlessly as I wait outside the house with Niall.

"She'll be fine Harry." He assures me but doesn't even sound sure himself.

"Boys you may come in now, she is-" Before she could even finish her sentence I am inside the house and by Rowans bedside.

"Hey Harry, look I got a new cloak." She says showing me the gray fabric excitedly. I look at her confused, she scoffs then smiles again.

"Niall look I got a new cloak." She showing him too.

"Gray looks good on you Roo." He grins  completely disregarding the fact that she almost fucking died.

"Shut up Neil. What do you think Harry?" She asks me expectantly.

"Uh yeah." I nod my head and stare at her shocked, why is she acting like nothing happened?

"I am more than fine, do not baby me Harry." She warns then looks at the door and smiles. "Zayn you came back." I turn around and look over the dark clothed man standing in the doorway.

"The child wanted ice creme." He sighs then pulls a small boy who happily licks a dripping ice creme cone out from behind him.

"I owe you Zayn, thank you." She says gratefully.

"Rowan!" The kid squeals and jumps up on the bed to hug her.

"Get off me Conner." She says coldly and tenses up. He frowns but sadly climbs off her. "You got ice creme all over me." She pinches his cheeks making him laugh and swat at her hand. I think I found my new favorite thing to watch.

"Hey Niall." Zayn says then turns to me. Niall responds with a "hey" then goes back to laughing with Rowan and Conner. "Is this your mate?"

"Yes." I say quickly. "Harry Styles." I hold my hand out for him which he shakes while grinning.

"Zayn Malik." He nods. "I'm a demon by the way." He whispers then looks at Rowan.

"I've grown quite fond of Conner, I can visit him right Rowan?" He asks messing up the poor kids hair.

"You can take him for a while if you want. You can be his mentor." She says looking at me.

"Sick." Zayn beams happily.

"Conner, you are going to live with Zayn for a while okay. No arguments." She tells him softly but sternly, Conner hangs his head down sadly. "He'll get you more ice creme." She coaxes which wins him over. He runs over to Zayn and jumps around him.

"Why would you do that." Zayn groans. "Bye Rowan." He says then gently pushes Conner out the door.

"How many more rare supernatural creatures do you know?" I ask amazed, she looks at Niall then to me with a smirk.

"You'll find out eventually."

a/n hello guys I hope you liked this chapter:) sadly the story is coming to an end but I have many other stories published for your enjoyment sooo vote/comment/rave and yeah okay byees.

I never understood what love was really like, but I felt it fir the first time looking into your eyes.

XOXO Mariah
(not edited)