Clumsy Zara & Caffeine -19

ZARA

The next morning i wake up to an empty bed.I roll over on my side and reach out hoping to feel Grayson but to my disappointment his spot is empty.

A note rests on the bedside table with my phone resting on it.He knows my phone is the first thing i use in the mornings,sadly.

Went to work.Anna will be here at 7:00,she can make you breakfast.

                  ,Grayson XOX

Anna is his nanny,she's been taking care of him since he was a little boy and he absolutely adores her.I haven't really met her since she's been on vacation but i know she will be lovely just by the things Grayson tells me.

I grab my glasses from the bedside table along with my phone and slip on my slippers.The floor is wood so it's not a pleasant temperature at this time of day.

I make my way to the girl's room first.I can hear Chloe's laughter from downstairs so i know Anna's already here.

I twist the doorknob open and quietly peek inside.Emma's still sleeping soundlessly in her crib,her arms and legs sprawled around her tiny body.The exact replica of her father,a mess when she's awake and...Well they're always a mess.

When i enter the kitchen Chloe is kneeling on a stool holding a big wooden spoon and mixing something inside a large glass bowl.

Anna stands beside her squeezing oranges into a pitcher and swaying back and forth to a melody coming from the radio,a smile lights up her face as she does so.

I quietly sneak up behind Chloe before yelling "Boo" in her ear.In my mind i thought this would go something like,

"Ahh Mommy!" Then i would laugh and tickle her but no.Life likes to be cruel at times-or ALL the time.

Instead,she yells startled and jumps,knocking the glass bowl off the table.The bowl crashes onto the floor,splattering the mixture everywhere along with the pieces of glass.

The stool holding Chloe wobbles by her panicked movements and i rush to steady her,completely forgetting about the now sticky floor.Before i can even reach her,my feet slip on the mixture and i go crashing down with a loud thud.

A loud gasp leaves my lips followed by a cry of pain when the glass cuts through my legs and palms.I try to push myself up with my hands only to realize my stupid mistake when the glass digs deeper into my skin,now reaching my wrists.

Chloe yells at the sight of the red thick liquid leaking out of my body and Anna is quick to sweep her up and get her away from the sight.She yells behind her that she'll bring back help.

A few seconds later two of the security guards come rushing into the scene with worried expressions on their faces.They look down at me sprawled on the floor with bloody clothes and quickly jump into action,lifting me up carefully and carrying me out and into the car.

One of them jumps into the black van with me and the other one helps Anna carry the girls into a different car.As to not scare them with all the blood i suppose.

The bodyguard,whose name i believe is Omar,takes out his phone and presses a few buttons before bringing the device up to his ear.

He mumbles a few things into the phone before hanging up and looking back at me through the rearview mirror.

"Mr.Archer is on his way to the hospital Mrs.Archer,don't worry." He simply says.If i wasn't in so much pain i would curse him our for calling me that but unfortunately i feel like i'm being ripped in two so i just sit back trying not to let the tears spill.