1: Email Compulsion

Instead of happily anticipating Christmas dinner with family and friends, and just enjoying downtime, I needed to send an email to a narcissist. I had too. It was a compulsion. Family chided me about sitting in front of a laptop instead of helping with Christmas dinner.

"I'm working, it can't wait." I just didn't say what I was working on.

I had no delusions. I didn't believe my email would ever see the light of day. I simply had a visceral need to scold a mean-spirited man. I needed the satisfaction of hitting SEND. Christmas dinner be damned.

***

On Dec 25, 2016 6:15 PM <no-reply@parastorage.com) wrote:

Message Details:

Name Bonnie Busby

Subject "Always Ready"

Message Hi Mr. Kratz, recently finished watching "Making a Murderer". I have no idea if Steve Avery is guilty or innocent of this crime. I am sure of this: you are a narcissist. Your "I am always ready" quick response sticks with me. Hold yourself accountable first. You got what you deserve – a grim website and lost reputation. Horrified by your treatment of those women. Live and learn.

***

That narcissist is Ken Kratz the prosecutor in the Steven Avery case – now infamous from "Making a Murderer."

The email that I sent to appease my feminist core touched off an email correspondence of 9 emails over 3 days. I found myself anticipating each one and growing, yikes, sympathetic.