Midorima Shintarou

Start from the beginning

Midorima watched her silently as she cried by herself. He went to change his clothes after practice and only came back to see (Name) crying.

That girl was always proud. She never showed a hint of hesitation to others. She would never back down or give up and yet there she was, standing there crying her heart out.

As much as he wanted to walk to her, hug her, wipe her tears, and tell her everything was alright, he couldn't. He didn't know how to handle women and felt like he would only make it worse.

Clenching his fist, he silently turn his back to her, and walked away, without her noticing his fading presence.

The fingerprints hold all our encounters.
The page of heartbreak you left behind (The page of heartbreak)
The proud display that shows you don't care (Doesn't matter)
Sometimes, you let go and the tears are like a tidal wave.

(Name) wiped her tears as she looked up. She guessed Midorima had already left if he hasn't been back for 20 minutes. Silently she picked up her bag and walked out of the gym.

She looked around with a sigh as she noticed the rain that fell to the ground strongly. It was as if it was reflecting her feelings. She was about to walk into the wet earth when she noticed something leaning against the wall.

It was an umbrella. Walking up to it, she lifted the handle and pulled the sticky note that was stuck to it. She began to cry again as she read it.

'Here. I don't need it. I don't know what happened to you but if you need someone to talk to....you can come to me.

I'm not saying this because I like you or anything!

-Midorima Shintarou'

Why did he care so much? She was already getting used to being alone so why did he need to be near her? She didn't need someone to help her. She just wanted to scream at him and yet she couldn't tell him to stay away.

I'm learning to exist by myself (I'm here)
It's less lonely without the lights on (I won't let you be lonely)
The strength you give me lets me fall asleep (Don't be afraid of the night)
Even if no one cares about my tears (Someone cares about your tears)

Midorima grunted as a blush formed on his face. Everyone was teasing him, mostly Takao, as he tried to get them to stop.

Thanks to Takao, everyone began to assume that he had a crush on (Name), not like they were wrong but he didn't want to be teased like that.

"Admit it Shin-chan! You like (Name)~!"

"No, I dont"

"Come on Shin-chan! It won't hurt to admit it~!"

"For the last time! I don't like (Name)!"Midorima exclaimed as he stood up and slammed his hand on the table in frustration. At the same time he heard something dropping to the floor outside the door.

The rose in the palm. Unconsciously prickling the hand.
You deserve to be loved. You understand my hope.
Withering after the bloom. How many cycles it's been.
I'm (You're) here.

"For the last time! I don't like (Name)!"

Gasping, (Name) dropped the clip board on her arms. (Name) looked at everyone as they stared at her. Looking at Midorima's shocked face, she looked down before running off.

Your hidden rose. Your lovely fragrance.
It's the best you (you), accompanying me, hoping for me, accepting the world.
The other side of imperfection, how beautiful.

Midorima watched her running form before running after her.

The rose in the palm
Is a memory with thorns.

(Name) stopped running after she was sure she was far away from them. Sobbing, she covered her mouth as tears spilled from her eyes.

She couldn't understand why she was crying. She already expected him to feel that way and yet hearing him say it hurt more than thinking about it.

"(Name)-san!"Midorima exclaimed as he ran up to her. He grabbed a hold of her hand as she tried to run off again.

"Let go!"She screamed as she struggled to get her hand out of his grip.

Silently Midorima pulled on her arm making her fall to his chest as he hugged her close to him, caressing her hair with his fingers.

(Name) became motionless as her tears stopped from the shock. Finally getting over her shock, she cried again but even stronger.

"Please let go of me....,"She whispered as she weakly punched his chest repeatedly, slowly as it got weaker.

Shaking his head, Midorima put the crook of his chin on top of her head. "No...."

Clean up the tears. I am here.

"Why...,"(Name) muttered as she began to sob even more. "Why...?"She asked again but her voice sounding much more stronger and anguish.

"Why are you holding me as if you care? You don't like me. So please stop.... Don't make me feel more pain...,"(Name) whispered as she clenched the fabric of his shirt.

"I'm sorry...even if you ask me to stop I wouldn't...,"Midorima muttered. "I don't like you that's true....,"Midorima continued as (Name) eyes widened and she began to trashed in his arms.

"Then let go of me!" "I don't like you because I love you"

Eyes widening even more, (Name) stopped trashing and looked up at his blushing yet serious face.

Accompany me (accompany you), hoping I (hoping you) will accept the world's shallowness, inconsistencies, imperfections.
The day will fade, the heart will become tired.
I'm (You're) here. Everything will be okay.

Her eyes slowly narrowed as tears build up before rolling down her cheeks. Gritting her teeth, she hugged him to her tightly and pressed her face against his chest.

"I'm sorry but I'll say it again...I love you..."

Don't be afraid (Holding on too tight). Let go (The rose). All the scars.
This world, you're here (you're here), everything will be okay.

-----------

Requested by: jewelzzVk23