What does your handwriting say about you?

They say that your handwriting reflects your personality. This is just a few basic things that I know about graphology, so I decided to share it with you.

But first what I need you to do is to grab a paper (preferably blank) and a pen. Now copy a few lines or a paragraph from a book next to you. Done? OK, good. Now lets see what your writing says about you..

Slant/Slope of the strokes:
If your writing slants to the right, it shows that you like to socialize. It also indicates response to communication, for example the writer may wish to be friendly, manipulative, loving, supportive or to control e.t.c

Left slant shows emotion and reserve, the writer may like to work alone or behind the scenes. Also, if you are a right handed person and your writing slants to the left, you may be expressing rebellion.

Upright writing indicates that the writer is independant, reliable and practical.

Size of the letters:

Large size handwriting can mean extravert and outgoing, it can also mean that the writer puts up an act of confidence, although it may not be exhibited towards strangers.

Small size handwriting means the opposite and that the writer is focused. It also indicates that the writer is a thinker or an academic.

If the writing is small and delicate, it means that the writer is shy and unlikely to be a good communicator with anyone other than those who are close. These people usually find it dificult to socialize.

Pressure of the strokes:

Heavy pressure indicates commitment and taking things seriously, it also shows that the writer has high emotional energy which means they are enthusiastic. However, if the pressure is excessively heavy, it means that the writer is very uptight, they might react towards criticism when they see it, even if none is meant.

Light pressure shows sensitivity to atmosphere and empathy towards others, but if the pressure is uneven, it shows lack of vitality.

Upper zone letters ( as in l, t, h etc):

If your upper strokes are tall, it means you are ambitious and trying to reach your goals. However, if they are too extended, there may be unrealistic expectations that you feel you must achieve.

If there are reasonably proportioned upper zone loops, this indicates that the writer likes to think things through and use their imagination in a sensible way.

If the up-stroke goes up and then returns on top of itself, the writer may be squeezing out imagination and keeping to the basic requirement of getting down to the job in hand.

Lower zone letters (as in g, y, p etc):

A straight stroke (with no loop) shows impatience to get the job done.

A lower stroke with a 'cradle'  indicates avoidance of aggression and confrontation.

A full loop with heavy pressure indicates energy/money-making/sensuality possibilities.

A full lower loop with light pressure indicates need or wish for security.

If the shapes vary, then the writer may feel unfocused or unsettled emotionally.

Connection of the letters:

Connected letters mean that the person is logical and judges things according to experience.

Disconnected letters mean the person is imaginative and judges things according to intuition.

So that's all I have to share for now, if I do come across something new, I'll update. Please feel free to comment what you found out about your writing :)