Task Eight: A Knight's Valor [F]

♔ THE TASK

THE TASK

Welcome Knights, to your final task!

You've been through a lot. The stress of competition, the agony of torture, and the burden of mercy's choice. All for a position of honor within in a court whose fate now lies at the tip of a dagger. A dagger ready to plunge.

The king was slain, under your watchful eye.

Now it's time to make amends.

You may think you have caught the one responsible, but you may be wrong. Hours after your choice was made both the Queen and Prince escaped. It's unknown whether that escape was accomplished with help or without, but it doesn't matter. All that matters is that one of them will plunge the kingdom into darkness and chaos. Unless you can stop them.

While resting in your chamber you hear a light knock on your door. Outside you will find a small child clutching a scrap of parchment. You will take it with apprehension, but the child will be gone before you have a chance to read it. Curious, you re-enter your chamber to find a sealed letter bearing the king's mark has mysteriously appeared on your bedside table, a curious development considering your chamber has no other entrance besides a well lit fireplace.

The scrap of parchment reads:

She is not a lioness, but a hungry jackal. The cat's paw is but a single claw of that jackal. Cut off a single claw and the jackal lives to kill again. You must end the jackal's hunger once and for all. Kill the jackal before the kingdom is consumed.

-R

The letter reads:

The machinations of the son will bring the crown to ruin. He moves quickly to take the kingdom, for he has learned there is another heir. The second more worthy than the first. Only one remains who can bring the second before the first , but she is in danger. You must act quickly, before she too is silenced. Kill the first, find the second, save the kingdom!

-R

Knights, you once again have a dire choice to make, and an even more dire task to complete. You must decide who to kill, the Queen or her son. In this task you must tell us how you came to this decision, how you found your target, and how you kill them. This mission is not known to the guards, so you must find a way to do this privately. It will not be easy, so part of your task must be challenging. Sneaking past guards, scaling walls, the choice is up to you, but it cannot be easy.

The winner of this task not only earns a seat in the court, but also decides the fate of a kingdom. The sequel games will be heavily influenced by the winner's decision, so choose carefully.

WORD COUNT

There will be NO word count for this round.

DEADLINE

The deadline will be May 20th, at 1:00 PM U.S Central Time. This will give you (roughly) seven days to complete your entry. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TIME OF THE DEADLINE HAS CHANGED. This is because two of our Gamemakers will be in a different time zone during the remainder of the competition and would like to be awake to read the entries.