Chapter 22

She didnt went to office the next day and kept sleeping. In the aftrnoon wen she woke up, she felt bttr. She walked off, freshen up and took out her cell from under the pillow. Her cel got many messages and calls, she deleed them alll widout reading. She then called Mira., "Di, i wanna come back" she said as Mira picked.

"Tara? whre were u? evrythng fine? U n Karan had a fght? tell me?" she asked.

"Di leave dat, i wanna comeback, leaving dis plce, my job, evrythng, can i?"Tara asked again. All she wanted was assurance, that she is still loved and respected at someplace in this world. She had lost all respct in her own eyes.

"Ofcourse u cn, Wats dre o ask in that bachha? its ur home come back ryt nown u knw wat, Jai is comng back too "  She said chirply.

"Oh gud news. I will be leaving soon as soon as i pack my stuff up hmm?" she asked again.

"Hey wait, leave ur luggae dre, come for a holiday, if u feel like going back, go if nt thn we will gt ur luggage ok? n dont resign from office to just take a long leave." Mira suggested, Tara understood a bit. She did the same and left for Jammu soon.

She was welcomed too warmly by her parents, they were very happy to see her back, Seeing them and dere love, for a while Tara forgot evrythng. She was pampered, her favorite meals were cooked, "kitni weak ho gyi h" was all her mother use to say seeing her and use to stuff her more and more, lyk evry indian mother. Soon Jai came, and he too was treated dis way. They all were once again a happy family. Tara forgot her pain for a while but during nights she use to cry, she was feeling shameful of wat she had done out of desperacy. On the oher hand, Karan was getting restless. His heart use to scream for Tara's presence. Her absence was killing him. He use to stare at her vacant seat, in a hope that she will be back soon, but she wasnt and there were no messgaes from her even. He even called her many tyms , she didnt replied and lately her cell was off.  On the other hand, Mira was trying her best to console Tara, "u knw wat, its not ur fault , he needs time. Think Tara, 12 years dey were tghtr in luv, it takes time to give u dat place. And he was ryt, u wud hav been hurt again n again. Kehna aasan h babu but its difficult u r nt understng now. Ryt now u r in luv, blindly,u r accptng evrythng but think abt it once, hav u evr thot how wud u feel seeing dat pic tghtr? seeing that tattoo? tell me?"  She said caresing Tara.

"Di, its not like dat. I mean i knw it will b hard but if i have him, i will need nothing. And that tattoo, yes, i knw it will hurt me all my life. Well leave it m over it, i will live like you, without any male support haa di? isnt that fine?" she smiled and walked over. Mira kept thinking about it, its nt easy to live alone, she knew dis, but she had chosen it coz da one she loved dsnt drv her and the one who loves her dsnt respects her. But she didnt wanted Tara to face any such thing in life like that.

After three months, there was a huge celebrtaion going on, Jai was getting married, and it was an arrange marriage. There was a very cheerful environmnet all over the house.  Jai was happy with his parents, choice, he liked the girl instantly, she too liked him and with evryone's blessings they were gettng married. Although Jai wanted to let Tara marry first but she insisted him that she neede sometime. Tara thot her family doesnt knew anything about Karan, but Mira had told her parents and JAi. This tym, family was not in rush, they wanted Tara to decide wat she want, bcz dey hav seen Mira suffer so they dont wanted Tara to face the same.  Well Tara was looking very beautiful on the eve of marriage. A small party was kept for near and dear friends and also engagemnet of Jai and Surabhi was oraganised a day prior to their marriage. There was an amazing fun-filled atmosphere, evryone was enjoying, dey were teasing each other too. Elderly people were watching the youngsters perfrom on stage, they have all prepared alot for this function. Tara was waiting for her performance. Mira snd Tara had prepared a song to perform together, Soon their names were announced and dey were welcomed wid a huge round of applause.

"Dekhna.. they both will rock the stage" Jai said to Surabhi, teasing her."Lets see, my sisters have prepared too well mister." Surabhi replied. Jai raise his eyebrows and turned his face towards the stage,

"All the best my tigresses, humari reputation ka swwaal h!! rock it, nail it, win it... i knw u will" he shouted in encouragement. Evryone clapped, Tara winked at him and hi-fived Mira.

Soon as the song play, they both started dancing, evryone was mesmerised, Jai and their parents were looking at them proudly.  As the performance ended, the hall echoed wid hooting and claps.

"Thank you thankyou" they both said and bowed. Tara went off the stairs and went towards her family and sat. MAny aunties were poking her mother and asking, "Aapki betiyan h? shadi ka kuch socha h?" for both the daughters, and she was filling with more proud. "where is Mira?" her dad asked. "O yaa. dad may be she went to drink water, wait let me go n check, saying that as she turned, she left there speechless. She saw Mira, and with her was Standing Karan. They were talking intensly, quite seriously, she walked slowly towards them.

"O here comes Tara, Tara see ur boss KAran has come, u forgot to invite him haa?" Mira said seeing Tara approaching them. Tara felt awkwrds, 'di knew evrything still she is syng lik dat'. "Ok u guys talk, let me go have sm wter, i m so thirsty" saying that sh  excused herself and went away. Tara and Karan were standing alone, she looked at him, she felt she had moved on but seeing him she was sure that even now, evry inch of his heart luv this person.  Karan's face was pale, defeated, he wasnt meeting his eyes with hers, he felt guilty of hurtng her. "So. u here?" she asked aftr a pause. "hmm.. i m sorry, i didnt knew its ur marriage tommorw, i mean i.." he kept saying, she felt bewildered, before she spoke out, "My marriage.." and he cut her in between, "Yes Di told me just now, i think i m late, very late. I ... i .. i am soo sryy,,, i mena not srry... my wishes.. congratulations Tara, May God bless you n keep you happy always." and saying that he turned . 'Di said so? why but' she was busy thinking, she couldnt respond to him and he started walking away. She was standing there stupidly, doing nothing and watching him go.