Chapter 11

Although Tara was busy wid many things at her end but her mind has majorly one topis n it was Mira, just Mira.  She use to talk to her many tyms a day to make sure Mira was fine, she was so scared abt her. One day Mira visted them and she looked too different, pale and weak, evryone strtled seeing her so.

"What happened Mira?" her nother asked, Mira couldnt bear it anymore and wid words frm her mother she finally broke down,hugged her and cried, "Maa Akshat loves sum1 else"

"What..? i will not spare that guy..! how dare he play wid ur feeling di.." Dis was Jai unusually.

Mira kept crying,her mother was holding her, Tara bought water for her, Jai too was there caressing her back. when she calmed after a while she told them evrything.

"Akshat had a gf in his colleg time but aftr cllg they both ended their reltions, then they came to our house for arrng marrige and he liked me at first sight. He said he loves me but since few mnths, that girl is back in his life and since dan he had strted abusing me, slapping me, for silliest mistkes n smtyms wdout mistkes.. He doesnt want me to tell it to his parents bcz dey love me very much and Papaji is very strict if he will got to knw about Akshat's deed he will kick him out of his property etc, so he is altghtr a dffrnt man. He smtyms prtnd to b the best husbnd in frnt of evryone and  wen v are alone in rom, he tortures me, gives me pain. "

Evryone was stunned hearing all this. Tara suddenly shouted,

"You ppl are di's culprits, if u all had supported her may be she would be leading a much happier life with Rahil. We are in the 21st century and u still plead for castes and religions, shame on u guys yaar.. n Jai bhai, now go and slap Akshat na.. go,, why dont u do dat? he also was in luv wd sum1 before marriage na go slap him too. U wont ryt> why bcz he is a guy? he hs rghts to DO IT? and Maa, will u still tell her to adjust? tell her to go back and try to UNDERSTAND each other?" she shouted on top of her voice.

Nobody replied, there was a pin drop silence, and then something really horrifying happened. There was some noise and they all saw Mira's father was standing on the door, to shocked to move, he was so teriified hearing evrything, he had no clue about Rahil, and may be he heard about Akshat too.

He entered and sat on the sofa wid a thud. "Who is Rahil? he asked looking towards Tara, she couldnt meet his stares, she looked away. "Ok so i see all of you are involved in this, only i m the one who doent know anything ryt? tell me evrything now..!!! Rama are u listening to me,,,.!!!1 tell me now...! " he shouted to his wife.

Slowly the whole matter from the begining was explained to hm, his expressions kept on getting tense and deeper. After they told him evrything, Mira started to tell about Akshat but her father interuupted her, " I have heard that already, i dont need to hear anything. Mira, for now, go back to ur in laws we will come and talk to Akshat. JAi take the keys, drop her home." he said in stern voice.

"But Papa, he hits her.. i mean its not.." Taa tried to say something. "Shut up Tara,,! dont get into all this u r too small for this" saying that, he stood and left.Mira's mother ran behind him and Mira widout lookng at anyone left the house wid quick steps, Tara kept standing there speechless, 'wat had happened to my sweet home? my amazing loving family?' her toughts kept wondering about it.

Atmosphere of the house was drasticlly chnged, they all use to be silent most of the tme and Miira now did not use to call them or visit them. Tara tried many tyms, but she didnt picked her calls. Even once Mira's parents went to meet her at her house but she gave them her swear not to tlk about akshat to his parents. They came back empty handed. It was as if Mira had accpeted it as her fate and did not wanted to come out of it. It was Tara's birthday dat day wen Mira called her and wished her.

"Di i missed u why dont u take my calls? why dont u come to meet us?" she asked.

"Tara, its not my home anymore, i am fine here, i dont feel like talkng to anybody. Well leave it i have some work take care of urs and study well." she was about to disconnct wen Tara said, "Di wat is the use of studying wen i have to live my life like u r living? kiling ur dreams.. u r just livng for the sake of it."

There was silence, Tara continued, "Di u are not dat weak, u are well educated, smart, intelligent. Let jiju do whtvr he wants but u too do the same, go out, meet ppl, do jobs, et indsepndnt na, u dont hav to live like his slave." Mira was listening with all her attention, she actualy found a ray of hope in whatvr Tara said.

"But.. will my in laws let me go out ffor work?" she spoke her fears.

"Hmm if u convince them thne may b they wud and if not den dii there r many thngs one can do sitting at home. n for God sake di,,, get social, make frnds, talk to me, or anyone who comforts u.. do not hide inside a shell, bcz u havnt done anythng wrng, stop thinking that God is punishing u o smthng. God doesnt hurt his children ok?? Are u listening to me? " she asked.

"Hmm, thank you Tara and i too want to say something, please finish ur studies and move out of this place.. live a free life for atleast one year.. i dont want the smae thngs happening to u like it hpnd to me.. i lack cnfdnc bcz i hav always been enclosed insid the house, protcted always, i hav lost my self cnfdnce but i dont want u to repeat my mistkes. Fight for urself , live ur lfe atleast fo sumtym ok?"

Mira said in a breaking voice.

"Ok thank u di, i just needed ur support, if u r wid me, i can do anything. i just luv u." Tara was really happy she thot she got her Di back.