Bellamy sneered at Finn. "We were clear what would happen if he came back," he snapped, raising the gun again.

Finn stepped in front of the weapon this time, his hand over the hole. "No!" Finn gave back bravely. "If he was with the grounders, then he knows things that can help us."

"Help us?" Bellamy scoffed. "We hanged him. We banished him, and now were gonna kill him. Get the hell out of my way."

"No," Clarke said suddenly, stepping up to Bellamy as well. "Finn is right." She began to make her way over to Murphy, crouching down in front of him.

"Like hell he is!" Bellamy retorted angrily. "Clarke, think about Charlotte!"

Clarke's head whipped around in an instant. "I am!" she snapped. "But what happened to Charlotte was as much our fault as his." Carefully taking his trembling hands in hers, Clarke motioned for me to join her at his side. "He's not lying," she spoke. "His fingernails were torn off. They tortured him." 

Kneeling down, I took Murphy's hand from Clarke gently and turned it over, examining it. Fingernails torn, possibly more than once, cuts and scars up his arm, on his palms. I was no stranger to this."This is definitely Anya's work," I concluded, glancing back at Bellamy. Shaking my head, I let out a short sigh. "She always goes too far."

Finn scoffed and turned to Bellamy. "You and the grounders should compare notes," he snapped, his eyebrows raised as if he were issuing a challenge. 

"The grounders know we're at war," Bellamy shot back. Then turning to Murphy, "What did you tell them about us?"

Murphy coughed again, his terrified gaze making it's way to Bellamy. "Everything," he breathed out.

Everyone looked up at each other, lips pursed. Standing up, Clarke made her way over to Bellamy. "Once he's better, we find out what he knows, and then he's gone. Okay?"

Bellamy still looked reluctant. "What if he refuses to leave?" he asked, his gaze drifting to where Murphy and I were, the former pressed into the wall as I crouched next to him.

Clarke didn't even pause. "Then we kill him," she said. Nodding to Bellamy as the rest of us looked on in slight shock, she began to make her way out of the drop ship. 

"Clarke!" I called after her, scrambling up and jogging after the blonde. "Clarke, wait!" 

"What?" she asked, turning around.

My eyebrows furrowed, I gave her an odd look. "I thought you didn't want to kill anyone. And Murphy's not a grounder. He isn't the enemy."

"Well he's certainly not a friend, either," Clarke spat back, and I took a step away from her cautiously.

"Yeah, but you don't seriously want to kill him, right?" 

Clarke scoffed. "I never thought I'd torture someone either, but I guess I was wrong there too."

My eyebrows drawing together, I put a hand on her shoulder. "Lincoln isn't your fault." 

Clarke shook her head. "No, but you are."

I sighed, my lips pressing together. "You couldn't have known, you thought you were saving Finn's life."

The blonde in front of me grabbed my arm and gently pushed it away, taking my hand off of her shoulder. "You should hate me," she said, sounding confused. "Why is it that all you seem to want to do is help me?"

I shrugged. "Finn is my friend. He cares about you. I'm not about to let you get yourself killed." Backing away, I sent her a small, half-hearted smiled. "Besides, when you're not torturing people you're pretty nice."