Ten

Songs:

Run Boy Run - Woodkid

Sick - Zebra and Giraffe

No Good - Kaleo

As soon as the camp was in sight I knew I was in trouble. There were two guards standing outside the gates, grim expressions painted onto their faces. They seemed to be talking to each other, their low whispers going unheard from where our group was. But the worried looks that passed between the two didn't go unnoticed, and as soon as we were in earshot Bellamy called over to them. "Why aren't you two at your posts?" he snapped, his brows furrowed. 

I recognized Miller as one of the guards, and his reluctant expression as he opened his mouth to speak. "Someone tripped the wire around an hour ago," he told us, and the Blake boy stiffened. 

Back straighter than a rod, he acknowledged the information stiffly. "Alright," he responded slowly, clearly trying not to seem too excited or angry. "Was it taken care of right away?"

Miller bit his lip, seeming unsure of how to answer. Taking a deep breath, his gaze flickered to the camp. "It was Murphy..." he began.

If it was possible, I swear Bellamy stiffened even more than he already was. Fists clenched at his sides, he pressed his lips in a thin line. "Murphy? You sent him away, right?" 

The two guards exchanged wary glances before both returning their eyes to their leader, who was staring down at the ferociously. "Um..."

Bellamy breathed out heavily through his nose. "You sent him away, right?"

The other guard, a short blonde haired boy, gulped before he pointed to the camp nervously. "He's in the drop ship," he squeaked. 

Bellamy's nostrils flared and he pushed past the two boys, storming into the camp. He stomped past everyone that was outside and they all stared at him as if they knew where he was headed and what he was probably about to do. Most likely, they did know. Clarke, Finn, Raven and I quickly followed as he ripped back the curtain and burst into the drop ship. "Where is he?" Bellamy practically growled, and the small crowd that had gathered parted like the red sea for their leader. 

As soon as I saw Murphy, I sucked in a sharp breath. Every inch of his body was covered in blood. Some of it dried, some of it fresh. His clothes were soiled and ripped and his hair was hard and sticking out in various places, most likely because of dried blood caked there. His right eye was purple and swollen, almost to the point of complete closer. His hands were shaking, and when he saw Bellamy I swear I saw him push himself further into the wall he was currently leaning against. "Everyone but Connor and Derek out, NOW!" Bellamy shouted the order, and soon the room was cleared. 

"He claims he was with the grounders," Connor told Bellamy, his gaze flickering to me for a split second. I narrowed my eyes at him as Derek continued.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp." 

Murphy let out a burbling cough, his eyes slowly making their way towards Derek. "I wasn't sneaking," he weakly defended himself. "I was running, from the grounders."

Bellamy clearly didn't believe him. "Anyone see grounders?"

"Nope," Derek sighed, shaking his head. I noticed his grip on his gun was awfully tight. 

Bellamy didn't even stop consider what he was doing as he raised up his gun and aimed it at Murphy, who flinched wildly. "Well, in that case-"

Finn was quick to stop him, shoving the gun towards the floor and away from Murphy. "Hey, what the hell is wrong with you?" he snapped, his eyes narrowed.