“Hai! Jaa~” Chinen answered with a smile.

As Daiki exited the classroom, the teacher entered and immediately started class. During class, Yamada would steal glances to where the little squirrel is. He could see how serious the chibi in jotting down notes. A smile tugged his lips. He was too drawn in watching the chibi that he failed to notice a pair of keen eyes watching him.

~***~

It was already late when the student council meeting had ended. They were very busy for the upcoming school festival’s preparations. The chubby cheeked boy was walking to the bus stop. Normally, he would be walking together with Yuto and Keito but his two best friends had to stay to practice. He dropped by a convenient store to buy ingredients for dinner knowing that he had another mouth to feed.

After buying from the store, he passed by a café near the bus stop. It was just an ordinary café with a big glass window. Through the window, anyone could have a clear view of the interior of the café. He noticed that the café was filled with customers, both boys and girls, young and old. It means it’s quite popular. He was about to leave when something or rather someone caught his attention. He stepped closer to have a clearer view to confirm. Indeed, it was the squirrel. He was wearing a waiter’s uniform and happily chatted with the customers. Flashing his bright smile from time to time and laughing. He watched on how the chibi interact with the customers in the café.

A tapped on the shoulder woke Yamada from his thoughts. He turned and saw Daiki. “Oi! Yama-chan. What are you doing here?”

“I – I was just passing by from the convenience store nearby.” The chubby cheeked boy reasoned out as he raised the plastic bag of goods that he was carrying.

“Ahhh..” the older nodded in understanding.

Yamada noticed that Daiki was wearing the same waiter uniform that the chibi was wearing.

“You’d like to come in?” Daiki offered to the younger.

The chubby cheeked boy shook his head politely. “No thanks. Anoo.. you work here?” he asked as he referred to the clothes Daiki was wearing.

“Ah this?” Daiki pointed at his uniform. “Well, yeah. Sort of. Actually, this is my uncle’s café. I needed something to spend my time with. Looking at this job seemed fun so I accepted it.” He said with his sheepish smile.

“Really, you had all the time in the world.” The younger chubby cheeked boy scanned the older with raised eyebrows.

Arioka Daiki is a rich kid. Their family owned a chain of restaurants locally and abroad. He is the friendly secretary of the student council.

“Don’t look at me like that. You know me, if I do nothing, I would die of boredom.” Daiki chuckled.

“You can say that again. Anoo… uhm…” Yamada tried not to be obviously interested as he asked. “What does that squi – boy doing here?”

“Who?” Daiki asked with furrowed eyebrows.

“That boy.” Yamada pointed at Chinen with his thumb.

“Ah.. You mean Chii?” Yamada nodded in response trying to look uninterested.

“Well, Chii works here part time like me. I heard that he needed to earn money for rent so I helped him.” Daiki explained while looking at Chinen through the window.

~***~

“Otsukaresama deshita!” Chinen said before leaving the café.

It was already 10 P.M. They were filled with customers so he had to extend his working hours. He needed the extra money so that he would be out of Yamada’s apartment sooner. He didn’t bother Daiki to send him home though the latter insisted but yet he cannot take the risk of him finding out about the agreement between him and Yamada.