The older boy settled himself opposite the younger boy at the counter. He was reading the newspaper that was settled on the counter drinking coffee.

“A – anoo..” the squirrel fidgeted on his seat still looking down on his bowl of soup.

The older boy raised his eyes from the newspaper as he manages to mumble a low ‘hmm’.

“You’re not eating?” the younger boy asked shyly.

“I just ate.” The chubby cheeked boy said plainly as he continued on reading the newspaper while sipping his coffee.

“O – okay… Itadakimasu!” the squirrel started before digging in.

The squirrel blew as he scooped a spoonful of soup and placed it in his mouth. His face lightened up.

“Oishii~” the small boy said excitedly and flashed his bright smile to the chubby cheeked boy who peeked from the newspaper he was reading. “Arigatou~” he said again as he continued eating.

The younger boy was too excited in eating to notice the faint blush that crept up the older boy’s chubby cheeks.

~***~

The two boys were sitting at the living room with cups of tea on the table. They were covered with awkward silence as both boys were lost in their own worlds. The little squirrel was very nervous and confused. He really didn’t have the slightest idea on how he ended up in Yamada’s apartment, of all places. He kept on looking at his lap while fidgeting on the hem of his shirt. He took a peek on the boy who was busy reading his book opposite the couch the younger boy was sitting on. He took a deep breath.

“A – Anoo.. G – gomen..” the little squirrel said in a low voice still looking down.

The chubby cheeked boy looked at him from the book he was reading with a blank expression. He placed the book on the table beside the couch. He looked at the boy opposite his seat.

Nervousness continued to rise inside the chibi’s chest as the latter continued to stare at him with those dark orbs. He could feel a lump in his throat. He took a sip of his tea to calm his nerves. After summing up all his courage, he began.

“G – gomen ne, for troubling you. I really don’t know how I ended up at your doorsteps. I was just running away from a mob of people. I really have nowhere to go so –“the younger said as he lowered his voice in search for words to say.

The older boy kept on staring at him silently, eyebrow raised. The younger boy could hear the ticking of the clock. For the younger boy, it was nerve-wracking. He now knew what others say about the cold prince. Having him in the same room as they were in made the air around them thin and cold.

“Don’t get me wrong. I really don’t know how I ended up here. I’m not here to ask you to take me in or anything because you already made it clear last time we met so please don’t look at me mockingly.” The little squirrel said a little bit annoyed on how the older looked at him with eyebrow raised as if not believing in what he said.

As if an hour of silence, Chinen can’t stand it anymore being with Yamada looking at him unconvinced just makes him crazy. He stood up abruptly.

“Sorry for bothering you. I would be taking my leave. Thank you for the meal.” The chibi said bowing at the older that just looked at him.

Chinen made his way to the door when he heard the older boy speak.

“I’ll take you in.” the chubby cheeked boy said plainly.

As the words sank in, the chibi turned to look at the boy still sitting on the couch. Wide eyed, the little squirrel looked at the older boy. Disbelief was written all over his face.

“Eh??!” was the only thing could muster up.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said I’ll take you in. You can stay here.” The chubby cheeked boy repeated as he returned to pick up his book. “Do you want it or not?” he said again as he didn’t hear any response from the younger boy who was still shocked.

As Chinen snapped from his shocked state, a smile slowly crept up his cute face. “YATTA!! ARIGATOU!!!” he jumped happily to the older boy’s lap and hugged him really tight.

Yamada was very shocked to the sudden action from the younger. He pushed Chinen from his lap and stood up. The chibi fell on the floor.

“Ittai!!! That hurts.” The chibi complained while rubbing his aching bum.

“Y – You can stay h-here in one condition.” The chubby cheeked boy stammered while trying to recover from the incident.

The little squirrel looked up at the older boy while still sitting on the floor. He cocked his head waiting for the older boy to continue.

Yamada took a deep breath and managed to look at the boy on the floor.

“You will be my pet.” He stated.

“EH?!” the little squirrel looked at the chubby cheeked boy wide eyed. Disbelief was written all over his face as he examined the latter for any sign of a joke but unfortunately there was none. He was dead serious.