Together (part iii)

Start from the beginning

Jake took a step towards his daughter, but she stepped away at the same moment. Her back hit Bellamy's arm. He put it around her protectively as Jake sighed, "Clara please. Don't listen to him. Don't believe his lies. Because the moment you do, you're as good as dead."

"Clarke," her voice was strong, Bellamy was so proud of how she was handling herself in front of her parents. Usually she let them persuade her into walking away from him, "it's Clarke dad. I won't listen to you. I won't leave him."

Bellamy pushed Clarke behind him when her father tried to grab her arm. His deep voice was pleading with her father as he stood up straighter, "look I know we do this every time, but I promise you this time will be different. Just trust me."

"I don't trust you. You're the reason she dies on her 18th birthday. You're the reason she never gets to have a full life. All because of some stupid love triangle that happened a hundred years ago," Clarke grabbed Bellamy's arm and let out a slow breath, "if you truly love my daughter you'll let her live. You'll let her go and never come back."

"No," Clarke's voice broke as she clung to Bellamy's arm. She couldn't imagine a life without him now that she had him again. She didn't want to live in a world without his beauty, without his love. She knew no matter how hard she tried, she would never find someone to love the way she knew she could love him.

The way they had loved each other in every lifetime before this.

Clarke could feel her heart slipping. She could feel herself finally falling in love with him. Her eyes went to the clock. Fifteen minutes. They had fifteen minutes until midnight. She tried to push her feelings down as her father fought Bellamy. She didn't know how to stop what was happening. She didn't know how to save the only person who looked at her like she was more than just a piece in their kingdom.

"Please. Just listen. Lexa was here. She told us the curse can't hold after a hundred and fifty years. We just need another fourteen minutes," Bellamy was begging. Clarke couldn't remember a time when he ever begged for anything before.

She felt her heart fill up once more.

Her dad drew his sword and Clarke screamed. Bellamy stayed in front of her, "leave this house now. I won't let you take her from me. I'll kill you if I have to. But I won't let you cause her death. Not ever again."

Bellamy shook his head, "this is my punishment. I know it's not fair to any of us, please give us a chance. I love her. I die every single time she does. The worst part is, she gets a clean slate, another chance at a life. I have to wait eighteen years to find her. Eighteen years I wander, dreaming about the woman I just want to settled down and spend the rest of my life with. Please, Jake. You have to understand."

He shook his head, "no. No you have to understand. Losing a child is the worst pain a parent can ever endure."

"So is losing your soulmate," Bellamy whispered as he pushed down his tears. Ten minutes. He let out a slow breath, his eyes glancing from the clock back to her father, "I won't stop loving her. If you send me away, I will love her and that is enough to kill her."

"Not if I run my sword through your heart."

Bellamy laughed, "go ahead and try. I've done it a million times. Lexa made sure my punishment would be spent here on earth. I can't die. Though I've spent a thousand lifetimes wishing I could."

Clarke shook her head, "no," she pulled his face towards hers and kissed him softly in front of everyone, "don't ever wish that again, Bellamy Blake."

His crooked smile was enough to convince her she was strong enough to make the choice for both of them. She let out a slow breath, watching as his smile faded, her hand falling off his arm.