Together (part iii)

The door opened, startling them both. For a moment they were afraid they were caught. Like Lexa had sent someone to come take Bellamy away. Neither one of them could bare the thought of enduring the night without the other. There was too much at stake now that they knew the truth. Clarke looked up to see Aurora standing there with big eyes.

She couldn't help but smile at her nanny, who's eyes glanced towards her son, "Bellamy."

"Mom," he stood up and hugged her tightly.

"Clara," she called Clarke by her given name. While listening to Bellamy's story she had gotten used to Clarke, she didn't like Clara anymore, "I see you've met my son."

Clarke smiled, "actually Aurora, it's Clarke now," she hugged her nanny tightly and felt the pieces fall into place, "Bellamy told me everything."

"And you're still here? Alive and well? How can that be?"

Clarke laughed as Bellamy sighed, "one hundred and fifty years breaks the curse. If we don't fall in love until the clock strikes midnight, Clara stays alive. For good. No more reincarnations, no more waiting eighteen years to see her again. It'll be over, mom. Really over, for good this time."

"Clarke," she corrected him. She didn't even think twice about it. She reached out and laced her fingers through his and smiled at his mother. Their mother in a way. She taught Clarke everything she never knew she needed to know about her future husband. She wasn't sure how she would ever repay the woman who not only cared for her as a nanny, but as the mother she so desperately needed growing up.

Clarke was more than sure of how she felt for Bellamy. Even if there were things she needed to learn about him, she knew deep down in her soul she knew him. He was there for every life she ever lived. When she looked into his eyes, she saw a life she never wanted to lose. She would spend her life with him the moment they were finally free of the curse. She didn't even care if she had to leave the kingdom.

She was ready to finally fall in love.

Aurora looked on the verge of tears, "I'm so glad you finally found each other. I knew this life was different. I knew somehow you'd finally get a happy ending."

Their happy moment didn't last very long. It was ruined by the last people Clarke thought ever cared about her. The door opened and her parents walked in. Aurora's face paled as her dad looked at Bellamy. He looked exactly the same as Bellamy remembered. Except there was nothing more than disgust in his eyes. He hated the boy who always killed his child.

"Get away from her," he said in his authoritative voice.

Bellamy took in a breath as Clarke held his hand tighter, "Jake please. Listen to me. I'm not here to take her away."

"Dad," Clarke looked at him as Bellamy tried to keep them at a distance, "I remember."

Jake's eyes went wide, "you aren't supposed to remember."

Everyone was quiet as father and daughter kept staring at each other. Clarke let go of Bellamy's hand as she took in a breath and smiled as she took a step towards him, "I remember Clarke. The girl I was when this all started. You and mom," she glanced at her mother, "you loved me more than anything in the galaxy. I miss those parents. The ones who wanted me to be happy. The ones who wanted me to be happy with Bellamy."

Abby's voice broke, "we want you to be happy, sweetheart. But not with Bellamy. When he shows up, that means our time with you is gone."

"You haven't even gotten to know me these past eighteen years. How could you possibly need more time with me? I'm your daughter, the princess hidden away in her room. Aurora raised me," Clarke threw the words at her parents, "I'm not Clara. I'll never be someone else."