Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Cameron's P.O.V.:

Chirp..chirp..sound of birds? I quickly sat up from my position and looked around. How did I ended up in a forest? Oh right, Celia and I fell down..Celia. Where was she? I felt some warm liquid on my hand looked beside me. 

Celia was lying down, with blood on her forehead. She was also unconscious. Her hair falling onto her face and she just lay there not moving. "Celia?" I shook her body hoping she would at least wake up or maybe her eyes might even open.

"Mmm..." I touched her bloody forehead and it was warm. She was having a fever too? Oh great. How long was I even unconscious? The river which led to the waterfall the school was heading to was just near by. 

I took off my shirt and soaked it with water from the river. After that, I tried my best to clean Celia's wound. She was cleaned but she still had her fever. What did people do when they had fever? The last time I had a fever, my sister placed a wet towel on my forehead and made sure I drank plenty of water. 

But..could Celia drink or could tiny drops of water even get into her mouth? I wet her lips with my shirt and placed my shirt on her forehead hoping it might cool her body heat. What could I say? I wasn't a doctor! 

Celia finally gain her consciousness minutes later but winced in pain when she tried moving. Her wound was really bad since there was a small cut on her forehead and it might leave a scar. But lucky for her, her front hair might be able to cover it up. 

"I'll kill Tiana when I get back on my two feet." she said. She still had to mood to kill Tiana? Didn't she care that she might get an infection because of the stupid wound? I sighed in frustration and bended down. 

"Get on my back and don't complain. The others might be at the waterfall. Let's go there." I told her but she just looked at me weird. 

"Why do you even want to help me? I thought you considered me as a threat to your 'popularity'?" if I wasn't in a good mood, I would have noted the sarcasm in her tone. Instead, I just caught her by the waist and carried her. I heard her winced a bit when her head slightly hit my shoulder. 

"Know what?" she broke the silence. She was finally calm and not struggling. Just now she was kicking around and she even accidentally kicked some place that shouldn't be mention ever, ever again in the future. Hopefully, she would remain still like that.

"What?" I replied her. 

"Remember when I was eight and I fell down from the bicycle?" Yeah, I remembered that day. Leon, Celia and myself were racing each other by cycling to the beach. Whoever got there first would have a free drink, but some guy who was way older than us pushed Celia and she fell over. Her knee was bleeding and she was too frightened to move. So I had to carry her on my back all the way to my house. 

"Yeah, why?" 

"You, carrying me now is making me thinking back to that very day." she said softly.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" 

"Definitely a good thing. I miss hanging out with the old Cameron anyways." I missed hanging out with her too but I can't be too close with her either, even when she was known as my friend. She was those kind of girls that were not scared of playing rough with boys. She never played with Barbie dolls either. I sometimes wonder if Celia hated Tiana because she was like a Barbie doll.

"Celia, I miss hanging out with you too." I said it out loud when I noticed she was asleep. What a coward you are, Cameron. 

By the time we got to the part of the waterfall where the school trip should have been, the others were already there, with sad expressions on their faces. Tiana was getting a scolding from Mrs Evans who had a angry red face on. 

"Mrs Evans?" I shouted over to her, getting her attention. She immediately ran over to Celia and I and relieve washed over her face. What would our dads say if we were gone, right? Derek and Brian saw us and greeted us in a bear hug, with Celia still on my shoulders. 

"What happened to Celiana?" Mrs Evans checked on Celia who got down from my shoulders and finally standing on her two feet. I caught Tiana glaring at Celia. What was her problem? Did she really want Celia killed? 

"She fell and there's a cut on her upper forehead. She's bleeding." I didn't realize I had my arms around Celia until Leon raised an eyebrow at me. I saw Celia blushing and immediately let her go. Mrs Evans obviously didn't notice us because she was too busy checking on Celia. 

"Derek, take care of little Celiana will you? Thank you, bless you. Cameron, since you and Celiana got here late, you two will be tent mates. Will that be alright?" Tent mates? Celia heard Mrs Evan and gave me shocked look. 

"Uh...sure, Mrs Evans. I'll see you at camp fire. Bye." I was really tired and I needed a rest from carrying Celia. Not that she was heavy, she was actually light but I was tired from thinking about so many things at a time. Brian supported all the way to her tent and went away after Celia got inside. 

Before I could even get in, Isabel stopped me and pulled me aside. 

"Okay baby sis, what do you want?" 

"Your ex-girlfriend tried to push her down, that's what!" whoa, she sounded really angry. 

"Look, what she does is none of my business."

"So Celia getting hurt is none of your business then?" she narrowed her eyes at me. 

"I don't know how to answer that." I was tired and I didn't want to deal with any of that. "Later, Isa. We'll talk after the camp fire." I was not looking forward to our little talk but when Isabel wanted something, there was no way someone could back down on her. She sometimes reminded me of Tiana's stuborness but in a way she was a lot different from Tiana too.

"Fine, but Celia really likes you. She wouldn't want to lose a friend like you." even when she was back facing me, I could tell she would have glared at me if she was looking at me. 

"She doesn't like me." 

"You're stupid."