Chapter 17 - At Last

Start from the beginning

In her mind, she wasn't allowed to like him, because he's the enemy, because he's her kidnapper. But... When she looked at his sleeping face again, sometimes she's always wondering whether she could tell her feelings or not. Sometimes he was kind but sometimes he was cruel. She didn't really understand him.

"What am I to you anyway?" She asked to his sleeping figure. She raised her hand and hesitantly touched his face. Just by touching his face made her heart racing like crazy. Since the day she opened herself to him, telling everything about her family to him, she began to feel weird by having him around. Feeling happy but in the same time, feeling sad also. Because she didn't know how he felt about her. "This is not...love, right?" She let go her hand and put both of her hands on the top of her thighs. She began to yawning and slowly closing her eyes.

>> Dream

Ran slowly opened her eyes as she looked around... It was the same place from her last dream. She was in the fifth's division place. She walked few steps as she caught someone familiar again.

"Ren-kun?" Ren was standing a few feet from her but of course, he couldn't see her. She began to suspect that she was in the past. Someone's past. He was wearing the usual shinigami attire with a white haori around him. It has number ten kanji on the back, hinting he was the captain of the tenth's division. It seems Ren caught his gaze in to something, or someone as he began to run towards it or her or him.

"Kiyo!" She glanced towards to someone with named Kiyo and then... Her eyes became wide after she found the person he called for.

"Oh, Ren? What is it?" Kiyo asked him. A beautiful woman with cherry blossom like color hair with emerald green eyes. The same woman she saw in her previous dream. Ran began to wondering if she's related to this Kiyo because she has the same appearances with Ran, but Kiyo was a little bit taller than her and her hair was longer than Ran.

"How's your experiment going? I heard from Aizen you were creating something for him?"

"It's run perfectly as I wanted to. Just a little bit longer and it will be finished in no times"

"Just what exactly are you creating for him anyway? You still remembered the last incident, right? It took Hirako's life and few of the lieutenants and Aizen succeeded made them and also Kisuke to thought that was Aizen's doing"

"...Yeah. I owed him much, that's why this time I won't repeat the same mistake. This time, the Hogyoku is ready. And with Hogyoku, I could create a single life perfectly. Last time, Hogyoku went berserk and causing Hirako taicho and the others became a hollow. I already told Kisuke to use his Hogyoku to them so he can save their soul but I didn't mention about Aizen-taicho was trying to protect me from my mistake" She explained and her face became sad. Ren patted her heard and by watching him, Ran realized Ren always did that whenever Ran is feeling down. To her, she thought whether Ren also saw Ran as Kiyo's replacement.

"It's going to be okay. I'm sure of it" He comforted her while continue to patting her head, which made her smile. An innocent smile. Kiyo was probably a much older than Ran but she has an aura where people wanted to protect her.

"Thank you, Ren..."

"By the way, can I know the single life that you mentioned earlier?"

"Well, like I said, it was a life. This single life will surely made Aizen-taicho's life became more colorful" She stated causing Ren blinked few times, looking confuse but something hit his mind and that made his face became rather disgusted with his own thought and he back away from her a bit.

"He he, don't tell me...you want him to experience...love?"

"What? Are you going to tell me that was something ridiculous?"