Were Going to See Lucy

Narrator POV:
Natsu was at a table alone. He knew he was responsible for Lucy leaving the week before but what could he do now. He didn't know why he kept saying those things to her and why he even hated her so bad those last few weeks she was here. He was her best friend....and he honestly loved her. 'Whag the hell was I thinking.....I'm such an IDIOT!!' He said to himself. 'Why did you let her go?'

"Natsu? Are you ok?" A girl asked.

"Yes Melain. I'm fine." He looked up at her.

"What were you thinking about?" She smiled and sat next to him. "You looked kind of upset." Her smile fades after that. 

"I was thinking about Lucy..." He paused. "....I lo-"

"Natsu you don't. You just think you do because she left." Melain said and Natsu just looked up at her. "Let's go. We're going to go on a job ok?" She gleamed with excitement.

"O-okay." He said. 'Wait no. I don't want to.' He looked up and sighed. "Well sorry.....not today. I'm just gonna sit here." He laid his head down.

Melain got up and stomped outside. Passing Gray and Erza. They looked over to Natsu and walked to him. "Natsu.." Erza asked.

He looked up and gave a sigh. "You guys here to lecture me some more?"

"No. We both know you won't listen. But we are going to go see Lucy. We want to ask if she's ok and if...." Erza paused, and what Gray saw looked like a tear forming.

"We want to ask if she'll come back." Gray said and put a hand on Erza's shoulder.

"Why would she listen to me. She hates me now. And I'm such an idiot for saying those things to her."

"Natsu that's why you tell her that you idiot." Erza said and picked him up by the collar, carrying him out the door.

"Wait!!" They heard. "Don't take him to her."

They turned and saw Melain running for them. She apparently sat by the doors when she got mad. "Please!" She grabbed his hand. "Leave him alone." She pulled him out of Erza's grasp.

"Melain what are you doing? Natsu wants Lucy to come back just as much as we do." Gray said looking at Natsu for confirmation.

"If she left...it's her choice. I won't give my time to someone who abandoned our guild, our family. After we've done so much for her." He said. He put his arm around Melain's waist. She smiled. 'NO! I want to save Lucy!!' He thought but his body and mouth wouldn't move.

"Whatever Natsu. Stay here for all we care. Well bring Lucy back without your help." Gray called and walked off with Erza who was about to blow up.

(Small) TIME SKIP
"Do you think she'll be happy to see us?" Gray asked Erza, feeling a bit upset to see Lucy for the first time since she left.

"I don't know. It's not us she was angry with. It was Natsu. So maybe we can convince her to come back for everyone else." She answered.

"You know why she got so mad don't you?" Gray looked down, having his hair shadow his face.

"Yes Gray. I know she was falling for him. And he broke her trust and the promise we all made to her. We promised we'd protect her and we will but Natsu has changed and he broke that promise by acting the way he did." Erza stated and started to walk faster. "I want to see her, let's hurry."

Gray followed quickly. When arriving they opened the doors. All they saw were glares. When they began to scan the room they saw Lucy sitting on a black leather chair with armrest. She had her legs up on one side and her back towards the other, talking to someone.