Chapter 2

Emily's POV

"Yes. Sir." I say mockingly feeling like Hastings. I roll my eyes at the thought of her. Hopefully she's not actually waiting for me, to work on reading this stupid thing.

"Well looks like you're not fired so I'm guessing it didn't go too bad?" Toby says with a hopefully tone as I leave my dad's office.

We mindlessly start walking to Toby's smaller office. "I didn't get fired, but it still went horrible. Did you know about that Hastings girl being a detective?" I question, still slightly mad and not use to this sudden change.

"Wow, really? I thought she was just a cop, was she undercover or something?" We pass by one of the many snack tables in the building and Toby swiftly grabs two apples without having to slow down.

He hands me one, "Wow. That was impressive." I say genuinely impressed.

"Thanks I've been practicing." He says all cocky-like, which only causes me to laugh. I know he's only joking though.

"And no, she wasn't undercover. She literally just got the job or is that to harsh, should I say "title"."

"But she's a cop?" He say bewildered.

"That's exactly what I said." I say eating my apple.

"Then she must be really good!" He says taking a huge bite into his apple. "And she's really hot soo."

I shook my head at him. "Come on you can't argue, she is pretty hot." He continues to push.

"Yeah I guess she is but she's not my type."

"Then what is your type hu? Last time I can even remember you kissing someone, I think it was your dog!"

"I don't have a dog." I say confused.

"Exactly!" He chuckles while I push him, "Seriously, what is your type?"

"My type is girls that don't get bumped up, like 3 departments just because of one screw up, on my part."

"Is Emmy still a sour little sour baby?" Toby teases.

"I am no-"

"Um Detective Fields?" I hear a very unfamiliar hesitant voice call my name.

Toby and I turn around only to be meet with Hastings. You could easily see how uneasy and uncomfortable she looked. "Ok so maybe it went a little worse than horrible. I might have had a littl- ok big outburst in front of her...well about her." I whisper to Toby as we start walking towards her.

"Oh Em, poor kid. Cut her some slack, will you?" He whispers back as we getting closer and closer.

"Fine." I give in.

"Sorry about earlier. I don't think we got a proper introduction, I'm Emily Fields and this handsome devil is the director, Toby Cavanaugh." I wink at her, causing her to quickly look at Toby and then she immediately averts her eyes to the floor.

You could instantly see her body language change, from stressed and scared to relaxed and playful.

"Spencer, Spencer Hastings." She says accepting my handshake. "Are we going to work on the case together?" Of course she would.

"You know actually I was going to go to his office-"

"Oh, that's fine Em-Fields," Toby turns to Hastings, "your are more then welcome to come join us. Besides I was assigned as case supervisor so I can work with you guys!" Toby says a little too enthusiastic.

Ughhh, Toby. Why do you have to be so nice or have a weakness for hot girls.

"Okay, that sounds delightful." She replies.

Delightful, what the hell?! It's paperwork for crying out loud.

**********************************

"Get a load of this." I say as Toby opens the door to his office.

"The only real lead and suspect we have right now is Kenneth DiLaurentis."

"But he owns that company, am I missing something here? Because you can't really steal from yourself." Hastings says.

"Exactly, and to top it all off, his daughter, Alison DiLaurentis, is in jail since..yesterday. When did this case get filed?" I ask, completely confused along with everyone else.

Toby rushes to his computer and starts looking stuff up. Both Hastings and I go behind him to see what he's doing.

He is vigorously typing away but then, he stops. He looks over to me and Hasting.

"This doesn't make sense this was filed yesterday at 1:00am." Toby says.

"Can you check when..." she looks back down at her paperwork, "can you check when Alison DiLaurentis was arrested?"

"Yeah, I'll see if I can." Toby answers Hastings typing away again, but this time he misses something.

"Wait, Tobs can I please see the computer real quick?"

"Yeah sure, Em." He says quickly getting up so I can sit down.

I start typing away faster than Toby, knowing exactly where I'm going.

"Look," I point to the screen, "she was detained at 11:00am, on campus. The report was filed by Calderon, it says here that she didn't cause a commotion she was just awfully confused. I'm guessing she did cause a commotion because she was on a college campus, smart girl."

"Wait, if she was just arrested yesterday, how is she in prison?" Toby says.

"I don't know but we need to have a little chat with Calderon." I say.

"Wait, look," Hasting says reaching over to point at the screen, "It says she was arrested along with two friends, Aria Montgomery and Hanna Marin."

"Look, it also say she was charged with corporate theft?" I say.

"This whole report doesn't even make-"

There's a knock on the door and our technical analysis, Caleb peaks his head in, "Commissioner Fields wanted me to inform you guys that the meeting is getting ready to be started."

"Thanks, Caleb. You should come, I feel like we can really use your help on this case." Toby says what I'm literally thinking.

"Yeah, sure we'll let's go." He says opening the door wider, while also introducing himself to Hastings.