The soccer kids pizzas were coming out so I grabbed their orders and headed over to their tables.

I set the kids pizzas in the middle of the table before dropping off a combination to the parents.

"Wow isn't that horrible." One of the moms muttered looking up at the flat screen plastered on the opposite wall.

I turned to see a breaking news headline crossing the screen. Out of control riot.

Everyone in the parlor seemed to quite down to hear the news caster speak.

"The cause right now is unknown but the area just a little bit outside  of  downtown Seattle is in utter chaos. Officers, swat and I believe I heard a special task force who is on their way are working hard to control this issue."

My eyes widened largely , but I did my best to smile at the soccer mom and make sure all her needs were met before I quickly walked back to kitchen area and pulled out my phone and called Phoenix, and there was no answer.

I sent him a quick text before resting my arms against the counter.

Of course the guy I was dating had to be a cop. I never really felt the affects of having a law enforcement boyfriend until right now and it sucked. My stomach was in multiple knots.

I could only imagine how the army wives felt.

"Alright guys, no one in no one out. The police department called me and were on lockdown." I heard my manager announce over the loud speakers.

The threat probably was no one near us, but I learned from Nix that in situations like this they take all pre cautionary measures.

I pulled out my phone and called him again, and getting sent straight to voice mail.

I closed my eyes and calmed my breathing. I know it's dumb to worry but I couldn't help but think Phoenix was hurt. My Phoenix.

"Mia, there's an officer out here needing to talk to you." My manger said popping his head into the kitchen.

I immediately slipped my apron off thinking I was going to see Nix but instead it was Roger.

"I can leave , I was dispatched wanna join?" He said seriously.

I looked to my manager who was standing behind me and he nodded his head yes. During small talk he found of my boyfriend was a cop and in this situation he could probably sense  my panic.

"Thank you." I told him simply before grabbing my purse.

I urgently followed Roger to his squad car where he unlocked it and I jumped into the front seat.

"Look, I'm really sorry about the soda." He began but I shook my head.

"Already forgotten, can you tell me if Nix is ok?" I said breathlessly.

He switched on his sirens immediately and turned to me.

"You better buckle up." He remarked before full force stepping on the gas.

Imagine the feeling of  that drop on a Rollercoaster, I felt like that, but times ten.

Roger basically drifted around the corners making my hold on tightly to the sidebar near me.

He sped up until about a block away from the actual riots and I seen smoke rising along with loud yelling.

"Dispatch 2334, ambulance on the way for man down." A voice came from the police scanner.

Roger picked it up quickly and responded. "In progress where is his location."

"3rd street, Officer Adams is reported with difficulty breathing."

In that moment my stomach absolutely dropped and Roger knew it. My breathing became ragged and I felt pure fear in my veins. The kind of fear where everything in you seemed to hurt.

"Don't freak out." He immediately said as my breathing began to get heavy.

"Take me to him now." I demanded breathlessly.

"Mia-" he began but I cut him off by swinging the door open and running down the street, not wanting to waste even a second.

I heard Roger yelling distantly behind me but all I could really hear is my feet pounding on the pavement as I sprinted towards 3rd street.

Pure adrenaline was pumping through me and I couldn't even think about slowing down.

I continued running even as my breath grew ragged and the smell of tear gas was starting to make my lungs burn even more.

I began to hit third street when I seen an ambulance at the very start of it. Praying it was Nix I pushed my body even harder towards it.

"Wait!" I screamed at them as I approached them.

Behind the ambulance and about a half block down I could literally see people jumping on cars and breaking windows of any shop that was nearby.

"Are you hurt?" The EMT quickly asked me, looking me over for any signs of trauma.

"No, I'm fine but that's my boyfriend, I think." I said with an extremely shaky voice.

My worst fears were confirmed when I see a man with a bare torso and a triangle tattoo getting loaded into the ambulance.

The EMT girl was thoughtful for a quick second before nodding to her passenger seat. "Get in"

I hurriedly got in and immediately closed my eyes to try and numb the pounding in my skull. I brought my hands to my temples to massage them gently and try to control my heavy breathing. I don't ever remember running that much continuously.

The EMT girl gave me my silence without asking too many questions and I was extremely grateful.

Before I knew it we were pulling out into the back entrance of the hospital and I was jumping out of the ambulance straight to the back.

They unloaded Phoenix and his head was lolled to the side where a huge bruise prominent on his jaw that continued to his collar bone ,was standing out.

He was wearing a bullet proof vest but it was open and I could see some bruising on his ribcage.

"Hey, I'm here." I said taking his hand tightly as he was being rolled into the entrance.

His head snapped towards me and a grin crossed his face before he closed his eyes again.
"I'm strong as ever baby." He said a bit slurred.

I looked to the other EMT in confusing and he simply shook his head. "We gave him some pain mess." She explained before hurriedly pushing him in.

It's going to be a long night.
--------------------
I'd just like to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart you amazing! I read every single comment and appreciate every single one no matter what. Thank you for over 20k reads it's a dream come true