Protect The Humans (Ending)

Dipper just stood within memory, unable to comprehend the things he had just seen. Was that really..real? Was Mabel really....his sister? His real family... Had it been fake all this time?... He really wasn't a demon. What then, was the explanation of his powers..? Had that all been a trick? An illusion? As soon as the tears stopped, anger began to boil in the pit of the young half-demon's stomach. The vision faded in front of him and he fell to the grass in the real world, the bubble around Mabel dissipating and she immediately ran over to Dipper. Stanford had found his own footing and was leaning on the non-broken support of the Mystery Shack, still untrusting of Bill so close to his "niece". Dipper was conscious, but lie still in shock, not even blinking as Mabel shook him almost violently in her desperation.

"Dipper. Dipper! Snap out of it!" She stopped shaking and poked his arm, squished his cheeks, anything that would get him out of this strange trance. The young boy suddenly gasped and shook his head around as if clearing something away, glancing up at Mabel and just staring at her uneasily. "...Dipping Sauce?" Mabel practically whispered, tearing up a bit. Dipper's orange eyes finally softened and he sat up to hug Mabel tightly, in tears again after everything he'd seen. After a minute or so of that, he let go, smiled at her, and turned to Bill, looking him in the eye for the first time since he'd returned from the world of memory. Bill's uneasiness was definitely evident now if not before, though his gaze was strong his composure was not. He was shuffling his feet slightly, looking nervous. Dipper's gaze hardened, and he glared, actually causing Bill to flinch slightly and look away. That hit Dipper in the heart then, he was ashamed. He forced down the anger boiling within him and stood, walking over to Bill and looking at him again before hugging him.

"The deal was I wouldn't hate you in exchange for that. ...I never go back on a deal."

                              ***
"...Do you really have to go?"

Rose Cipher was standing at the edge of the Dreamscape, staring pleadingly at her brother, now not-brother. Dipper looked back, a bag slung over his shoulder as he stood with tears in his eyes, in his normal human's clothing.

"Yeah. I do... They're my family. ...And so are you.... I-I'll visit, I promise." The young boy smiled, walking back over to hug Rose for maybe the tenth time that morning. After the events of the other day, Dipper learned that he was indeed "adopted" by Bill at a young age, separated from his real sister Mabel and placed into a family of demons. He was actually a half-demon due to unknown circumstances, his mother and father were seemingly never known and never documented. The only Mr. Pines on the list was Stanford and Stanley, the "uncles" of Mabel, and now Dipper as well. His powers were easy to control, as they were weak and couldn't do as much as a real dream demon could, just like before. They were weakening by the day and Bill mentioned he might actually grow out of them if he stayed around humans and never used them. "W-well... I'm gonna go now." He spoke quietly, pulling away from Rose and grinning shyly before quickly going over to Bill and Will to hug them. Will was almost in tears, bending down and lifting up the smaller boy into a gentle, spinning hug before placing him back down and giving him a kiss on the forehead, where his birthmark was.

"Y-You be careful out there." He mumbled worriedly, still a little untrusting of the human world. Dipper nodded with a smile, looking over and Bill, and sort of just waving until the yellow demon grinned widely and swept Dipper straight off his feet into a bear hug. Dipper accepted it happily this time, hugging onto his "brother".

"...Thank you. Tell everyone I said thank you. ...For raising me. I love you, and Will and Rose. I-I'll visit, I promise." Dipper spoke quietly, fearing that if he went any louder he'd burst into tears. Bill's grin was now a loving one, snapping his fingers and stuffing a hat over Dipper's mop of hair.

"And to think you almost forgot your hat, Pinetree!" He mentioned, and Dipper reached up to take the hat back off, only to sigh and drop his arm. It was either this or Mabel would start braiding his hair. He ended up smiling, his gaze meeting his entire adopted family's before he finally stepped through the opened portal, one hand in the air as if waving to them from behind. He couldn't have turned around, tears were rolling down his cheeks. As he emerged into the woods, he quickly wiped the tears away, knowing Mabel would be waiting nearby. And so, he began to walk. Through these woods of memory, past the place he first met Mabel, across the forest border, and.... Out.

Into a new life.

No, a new beginning.

A smile lit up the young boy's face as his eyes finally met with Mabel's, who had been out on the porch of the Mystery Shack for some time. They both met in the middle between the Shack and the forest, sharing a heartfelt hug. As Dipper pulled away and stared into Mabel's, no, his sister's, eyes, he vowed silently that he would never let anyone or anything hurt her, not ever. She was his first friend, his first companion, and now...his sister.

He was now Dipper Pines, and, well, dear reader, that is a name you should know quite well. It comes to the very end of this story, yet Dipper's story will not end. The twins' story, it will live on, as will the memory of Gravity Falls itself. And you, too, dear reader. Your story is not over just yet. There is another ending... Another path. You can go back, how will the story end.... If you chose a different path, I wonder...?

                        -Good End-