The Perfect Moment

Max's P.O.V:
     When I saw Shelby run out the restaurant, I tried to chase after her but she was too quick. I quickly run and side and grab the guys. "Guys! Shelby ran off and we have to go find her now!" I say anxiously. Everyone nods and we head out into the rain.
We've been searching for about 45 minutes in Adam's car and still no trace of Shelby. I tried to hold in the tears but I just couldn't anymore. I start crying into my coat. "Max we're going to find her don't worry." Ross says trying to comfort me. "This is all my fault if I-" Just then my phone goes off. "Hello?" "Max... Hey." Shelby says softly. I can tell she's shivering and the thought of her being alone in the cold kills me. "SHELBY ARE YOU OK?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I say frantically. Her voice is weak. "I'm not exactly sure, I'm at a beach and... please Max, help me." "Don't worry we're on our way.. Don't hang up..stay with us...me." I say trying to fight back more tears.
We arrive at the beach and I see Shelby huddled under a small pavilion. She looked like a broken child. I sprint as fast as I can to her and pull her close. She's taken by surprise at first but then looks up at me. Her eyes are strained from crying, just like mine. "Shelby.." I say softly. "Max.. I-" She says but before she can finish, I smash my lips into hers. "Shelby.. I love you." "I love you to Max." She says starting to tear up again. I smash our lips back together, holding onto this moment as long as I can. It was the perfect moment. Just then we hear the beep of a car. I give Shelby my jacket. We start heading towards the car but before we could even walk a foot, Shelby stumbles into me. Her ankle is bloody and swollen. Someone hurt Shelby and I wasn't here to protest her? The thought spins around in my head for a moment but act on instinct and pick Shelby up bridal style and carry her to the car. She nuzzles close into my chest for warmth.
       Ross opens the door for us and looks at Shelby. His eyes huge in disbelief. I carefully position Shelby in the back so that I don't hurt her ankle. I sit as close as I can next to her. I'm practically holding her on top of me so that she's warm. I'm never letting go.

Shelby's P.O.V:
Max holds me as close as he can as we head towards the hotel. This is all my fault. If I didn't over react then everything would've gone perfect. I mean Max did say that he loved me... And kissed me.. It was actually made me forget the whole situation. Maybe it was the perfect moment.
      We arrive at the hotel and Max picks me up bridal style even though I told him I was fine to walk. He carries me all the way up to our room and places me on the bed. He checks my ankle. "There's no glass in it and it's just a little swollen." Max says still a little shaken up.  I just look down quietly trying to prevent eye contact. I've already caused enough trouble for everyone, the least I can do is be quiet. I can feel Max looking at me and he lifts my chin up. "Shelby this wasn't your fault, don't think that for a second. Everything is fine now don't worry. If anything it's mi-" I crush my lips into his before he can blame himself for this. "Shelby, I love you" "I love you too Max."