Welcome Back

[October 25 - 7 o'clock, school parking lot]
They came with their items. Angela carried one small black candle alongside an aquamarine-gem that was a memento from her childhood. Emily brought a scented dark blue candle that smelt of blue barries and as for her item, it was a crescent moon necklace that she shared with her bestfriend, Stephen. He had brought the other half of the necklace carrying a black pillar candle that weighted his hand. Mike held in his two hands a family heirloom; a watch that had survived six generations and a black birthday candle that was dwarfed when compared to others. They each looked up at the night's sky and felt its darkness fall over them. Not one star in sight.
Stephen revealed a symbol drawen with chalk on the concrete. The symbol consisted of three circles within eachother, it was splattered with blood in the center and no one had the courage to ask where he had gotten it.
Stephen: "Ready everyone?"
All: "Yes."
[A familiar voice is heard]
-"Wait!"

It was Sage, he had brought the exact same candle as Emily with a dark rose that had dried after years of preservation.

Stephen: "What made you decide to come?"
Sage: "Emily, and you guys shouldn't be out her alone."
Stephen: "Everyone, throw your items into the blood as an offering to the divine goddess."
Emily: "What goddess?"
Stephen: "Hecate, the goddess of magic, witchcraft, and the crossroads. Give me your hands."
He slit each of their index-fingers with a dagger that he had hidden behind his back and sprinkled their blood into the rings of the circle. The spell had begun once the items fell within the circles. They seemed to swim in the blood. They passed around a black lighter to light each candle, unknowingly, each lit candle represented a signal, a light that would guide Morgan to the world of the living. Stephen picked up his backpack and grabbed a ripped piece of paper that had the instructions they needed.
Stephen: "Okay, close your eyes and invision Morgan, imagine her walking, imagine her running, imagine her laughing, imagine her crying. Give her back every bit of energy that had been taken from her. Can you see her?"
All: "Yes."
Stephen: "Now repeat after me,
accipe spiritum meum."
All: [Except Sage] "Accipe spiritum meum."
Stephen: "Sage, you have to say it!"
[Looks to Stephen, sighs]
-"Accipe spiritum meum."
Stephen: "Now I have to ask for the door to the spirit world to be opened. [His eyes are closed] Hecate, goddess of the arts and it's correspondences, let Morgan pass through and join the mortal coil. Aperi ianuam... Aperi ianuam... Aperi ianuam... Aperi ianuam... Aperi ianuam! [The wind blows as the earth shakes] We welcome her into this realm, allowing her to finish her life's purpose!"
[He stops to read the paper]
Stephen: "We need music."
Emily: "Like we all need to sing?"
Stephen: "That could work but it says that it must be a song that's familiar to Morgan and that will, basically, wake her up."
[Sage takes out his phone]
"I know exactly what will wake her up."
[He plays the track]

🎶Living dead girl!
Rage in the cage and piss upon the stage
There's only one sure way to bring the giant down
Defunct the strings of cemetery things
With one flat foot on the devils wing
Crawl on me
Sink into me
Die for me
Living dead girl🎶

The song he played was Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie and, surprisingly, it had worked. The group would soon feel an encompassing energy that directed itself between them and fell into the blood. The blood itself had begun to move and glide. It had risen from the ground and started to form a female shaped figure with bones inhabiting the fluid. Organs grew within the skeleton, the veins and muscle tissue followed after. Lastly, the skin slithered from the limbs, to the torso; giving Morgan a feeling she had lost, the feeling of warm blood. She opened her eyes as she took her first breath in the atmosphere she had left behind. The last things to return were her hair and nails that grew within seconds. Everyone stood staring at Morgan's naked body.
Angela: "Morgan!"
[She runs to embrace her but Stephen holds her back]

Stephen: "One last incantation and the spell is complete."

Angela: "Finish the spell."
S

tephen: "Clude forem."
[Morgan gasps for air while Angela runs to her aid]
Angela: "Do you remember anything Morgan?"
[Silence]
Angela: "It's me, Angela!"
[She only stares]
"Morgan, please, say something!"

The spell was a success. Hecate had given Morgan back but the price was more than personal items; Morgan could return to the mortal coil but she would be reborn into an adolescents
body with an infants mind. To be given the gift of the material world she would have to be a burden to others. Someone would have to take care of Morgan until her second death.

Stephen: "Someone needs to take care of her, we can't let her parents see her like this."
Angela: "I'll take her."
Emily: "Are you sure? I could sneak her into my room."
Sage: "She can't stay with me."
[Mike remains silent]
Angela: "She's my bestfriend. We stay together no matter what."
Stephen: "Of course."
[Angela covers Morgan with her jacket]
"Welcome back girly."