Chapter 27

Chapter 27

The pain of the Cruciatus curse was beyond anything I could have ever imagined before. I knew Dad had suffered through it before a few times, and I didn’t know how he managed to not be haunted by the pain every day of his life. It was excruciating.

“Hush,” Lucius hissed to me, silencing me with a flick of his wand. My mouth was still open in a silent scream as I writhed on the ground next to my unconscious brother. “Someone’s coming.”

I opened my eyes wide, wishing for someone to find me and save me. But before I could catch a glimpse of whoever was there, Lucius swore and grabbed James and I.

The feeling of apparating was familiar to me, but still made me queasy, especially with the pain of the Cruciatus curse fresh in my mind.

I was escorted and James was carried alongside Lucius and a select few Death Eaters towards a large building. When we reached doors, Lucius took out a piece of parchment and tried sounding out what was on there. He made hissing noises, before he finally seemed to get it right and the doors swung open. I was in complete shock. He was speaking parseltongue and I understood it.

What looked like oversized bird cages were in the opening just before the room Lucius obviously intended us to enter. It terrified me when I realised they must have been used for humans.

The room we entered was cavernous. Large candelabras hung from the ceilings, covered with dust and cobwebs. The candlelight flickered and was barely bright enough to illuminate the whole room. Cages hung f

Lucius flicked his wand and the flames of the candles shot upwards, crackling dangerous. He turned slowly, pointing his wand squarely at my chest.

HARRY POTTER’S P.O.V.

I grabbed a pinch of Floo powder from my pocket while I ran to the Gryffindor Common Room fireplace. I threw the fire in the flames, ignoring all the stares I was receiving.

“Harry!” my wife exclaimed. “I was just wondering where you were, it’s not like you to forget dinner with Ron and Hermione tonight.”

I looked around Ginny and saw my two best friends standing there, smiling and waving.

“You three need to get to Hogwarts. Now. Something’s happened to Lily.” All three of their faces instantly darkened and Hermione rushed to get her coat. Ginny froze and I could tell Hermione would have to do a lot of damage control just to make Ginny coherent when she arrived. I knew I wouldn’t be able to bring her along if she wasn’t, otherwise she might hinder our chance of saving Lily from whatever she needed saving from.

I hated having to wait in the Common Room for them, but I knew that we all had to meet up before taking action. It was killing me not doing anything when my little girl was God knows where with God knows whom.