Death In The Family

Hi. This is the first official chapter to my story. This will play out a little differently than it did when in the show, for obvious reasons. And this will be somewhat of a mixture between the wizard of oz and once upon a time. I own neither of them nor can I take credit for their creation (sadly). I do however take credit for any oc that will come in later and for the tweaks of their characters.

Ch. 1 Death in the Family

Zelena's (POV) (age 25)

I waltz to one of the many balcony. I looked upon the dark and gloomy forest of my territory. Man this place is a dump. I know that's not a great thing to say about the place I call home, but its true. Its not like I wanted to live in this dump in the first place. That damn wizard and my oh so sweet witch sisters forced me to this hideous place.

"I suppose it could be worse," I grumbled bitterly. "At least I have my magic. They couldn't take that away from me." Huffing I walked back inside and plopped down on my bed. Yes, I had a castle, my magic and my minions to order around, but it was dreadfully boring. What's the point of having all this power and no one to destroy with it?

I needed to do something wicked or I fear I'll die from boredom alone. Not how I want to go out. I thought over my choices. I could visit my sisters, though the two goody two shoes would turn me away and I don't feel like dealing with this disgusting little munchkins(is that how it's spelled?). My viewing mirror only showed those in Oz, so I won't bother spy on anyone. Being a wicked witch can sometimes be such a bore.

I gave up trying to figure out something to do. This place is just so boring. Nothing to do all day everyday. With my meddling sisters it's hard to really scare the people.

Suddenly I heard my door fling open. I raised my hand, fireball poised and ready if the person meant me harm. Sadly, it was only Bernard, my current information spy. I was so looking forward to roasting someone. But, knowing Bernard, the information is bound to be much needed. Like everyone else he is afraid of me, possibly more so than others in fact.

I diminished the fireball and walked over to him. "You we're almost a fried poppy seed. Now what was so important that you barges into my room."

The pathetic little hippie bowed to me and stummered an apology. "Sorry your Wickedness," he said. Oh how I do love it when they grovel. "I know how you feel about people bargeing into your room. Oh but what a lovely room it is. So dark and-"

Getting the tired of his obsessive rambling I waved my hand and his throat tightened. He gasped for air and sent me a pleading look. "I'm going to release you and when I do, I want to to focus and tell me what you came here to say. Understand?" He was too busy choking so I took his gasp for a yes. "Good." I released him and Bernard fell to the floor gasping for air like a beached fish.

"I hate it when you do that," he managed to choke out. I laughed at his pain. It sometimes feels too good to torment him.

"But I oh so love it. Now get on with it or next time I won't give you back the ability to breath." That got the little imps attention.

"Yes. Of course your Wickedness." He quickly bowed again. I rolled my eyes and made plans to execute him after he tells me the news if it's not worth my time. "I'm sorry to inform you my lady, but your sister Everlee. She's... well she's dead your wickedness."

I froze as the words reached my ear. Everlee, dead? Impossible! Enraged I rushed the poppy and held him by his neck. "What lies do you speak? You think I am foolish enough to believe that my sister, Everlee, the all powerful wicked Witch of the East, is dead!?"

"It is...true...my lady, "he gasped. I loosened my grip so he could speak, but held a firm grip on it. "A young girl and her dog blew in on a cyclone and their house landed right on top of her. It's the talk of all of Oz. I went to Munchkin Land and saw for myself."

I stood their and processed it all. My sister was dead. One of the women I grew up knowing, was dead. I should be in a state of shock. I should feel devastated. But all I do is smile. Because that's one less person holding me back from my plans.

"I guess the old birdy wasn't that much of a witch as I thought," I chuckled. I smiled and stared at the flower child currently I'm my grasp. "Tell me, what of my sister's silver slippers?" The ones she stole from me after I stole them from the Wizard.

He shifted nervously under my gaze. "She has them." "Who?" I demanded. "The girl who dropped the house on her. The one they call, Dorothy."

I snorted. "Dorothy? What kind of a ridiculous name is that?"

"Well, to be fair your name is a tiny bit odd my lady," admitted Bernard. All the humor drained out of my face then. He paled when he realized what he had said.

Shaking with rage I tightened the hold I had on his neck. "My mother gave me that name. And by the by, she's dead." Before he could give me some half wit apology I flung him out the window and watched his body hit the ground.

I smirked at my handiwork. I turned to my mirror and fixed my makeup some. "Good help is so hard to find these days. All the ones with the information just don't know how to keep their mouths shut." I gave myself a quick look over.

My lipstick was red as ever, my dress was black, beautiful and one of a kind, hand sown of course, my hair was perfect and my skin never looked more green. "If I was any better looking I'd have to curse entire towns to keep the men off me." I summoned my broom and again walked to my balcony. This time filled with a sense of purpose.

"Look out Dorothy. Wicked is heading your way." I fueled my broom with magic and took off, heading to the one place in Oz I hated more than my old house; Munchkin Land.