Maybe, just maybe, I might get lucky tonight, Roxanne thought to herself.

The bartender slid their drinks across the bar. Mina eagerly accepted her glass while Roxanne hesitantly cupped hers.

"Here you are. Let me know how you like it. If you want another, don't be afraid to ask. My name is Wish." The handsome bartender grinned as he moved to the man who had just sat down on the other end of the bar. "Evening, Rick...the usual?"

"Hey, Aloysius, man," the old grubby man with a big belly and wild white hair greeted Wish. "You know me too well, but give me a Bacardi instead."

"Rough night?" Wish procured his drink.

Roxanne found herself eavesdropping.

The old man shook his head and shrugged. "It's just one of those days, my friend, only today is worse than yesterday."

"Since you've had a worse night than me, let's consider this on the house."

The man smiled and his eyes lit up. His stress seemed to disappear.

Roxanne watched as Wish prepared the other patron's drinks. It always fascinated her how bartenders worked. She enjoyed watching as he tossed bottles and flipped the cocktail shaker before filling it with the drink mixture and ice. He poured the concoction and slid the cocktail down the bar.

"Don't look at me like that," he told the guy named Rick, wearing an amused expression as he motioned his head towards Roxanne. She felt like those words were directed at her. "And don't get used to the free drinks," he chuckled.

Roxanne quickly looked away and began fiddling with her straw. She turned to Mina and asked, "This is your great idea for helping me find 'the one'?" But Mina was preoccupied, laughing with a wide-shouldered stranger. Judging by his excessive muscles, he looked like a gym-rat.

"No one said anything about 'the one'," Mina replied, and laughed again when the guy whispered something in her ear.

Roxanne looked back over to Wish.

He gave her a strange look, but didn't say anything. He sauntered forward, leaned over and got in close. "Shouldn't you be mingling with the rest?" He took her empty glass and replaced it with another mix.

"Thank you," Roxanne grabbed the new glass and took a sip. "I just want to drink my way through this. On second thought, I think I'll be done after this one."

"First time?" he asked.

"Drinking? No." She shook her head.

"No, attending a speed dating event."

"Yeah," she nodded. "Just for fun."

Wish smiled again and Roxanne's cheeks reddened at the way his eyes crinkled slightly when he did it. "Your friend seems busy. Will you mind if I keep you company?"

"Alright." She smiled in return.

"Mina! Roxanne!"

An ear-piercing voice called out their names. The other members of the Single Moms Tribe arrived.

"I'm glad you bitches made it!" Roxanne hugged each girl. "Luisa, I like your new haircut!"

"Thank you. I love my pixie cut." Luisa ran her fingers through her cropped hair.

"Oh my gosh, you look gorgeous in your outfit, Kat," Roxanne complimented. "And your makeup is stunning, Rio!"

The two blushed and let out a sweet smile.

"Wish, these are my friends, Luisa, Kat and Rio." Roxanne introduced her new acquaintance to the gaggle of misfits.

Wish politely greeted them. The exchange of teasing looks among Roxanne's friends didn't go unnoticed.