"Save meals for the doll?" I muttered under my breath. And who is Malcom? With furrowed brows I folded the paper into a tiny square, and placed it back in the dolls pocket.

     My heart stopped when suddenly the phone began to ring down stairs. I was confused as to who would be calling me but I quickly rushed out of the room knowing that I would miss the call if I didn't reach the phone in time.

     My feet beat down the stairs like thunder in a rainstorm. I didn't notice, till I almost tripped and fell to my death, that I was still holding the Brahms doll. I reached the phone just in time. I lifted it to my ear, my chest heaving in and out. "Hello?" I managed to say between gasps of air.

     The other end of the line was silent, save for the sound of heavy breathing. I quickly recalled my talk Jen not an hour earlier and remember that she had been breathing hard. "Jen is that you?" I asked hopeful to hear my sister's voice. The line grew silent. "Hello?" I asked again. Nothing. Confused, I looked at the doll to see if it had any answers for me. It stared blankly back at me.

     I waited a few more seconds before hanging up just in case. I set the phone down with a small clink and looked around the wide living room adorned with chairs here and there, a wide bookshelves, some tables. I looked over to my small suitcase leaning against the doorframe. It looked out of place with the rest of the house.

     I set the doll on one of the chairs and wandered over to the suitcase. I was sick of wearing nice clothes. I was alone, so what was the point? I zipped the small case and flipped it open to reveal my mess of a packing job.

     As soon as I bought the house I wanted to move in ASAP. So I quickly packed a bag that would last me two days before the big move in yard sale party that my family so graciously decided to host.

     I rummaged through the bag, spilling clothes out onto the deep wood floor, until I found my huge Oxford T-shirt and my short sweatpants. I bundled the clothes in my arm, not caring to clean the mess on the floor. This was my house. I could clean it whenever.

     A smile spread across my face. "This is my house." I said out loud, loving the way it sounded. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, drinking in the oh so needed silence that I finally had. With a quick sigh, I lifted my shirt off and flung it on to the couch because no one could tell me that I couldn't. I could get dressed anywhere I wanted, because I was completely alone in blissful solitude.

     I pulled my phone from my pocked and slid my finger across the lock bar. 'No service' sat at the top left-hand corner of my screen, but I didn't care. This way no one could bug me, I smiled to myself. I tapped the music logo app and put my phone on shuffle.

     'Rehab' by Amy Winehouse began to blast, and I began to feel the beat. I kicked off my pants and shook my hips in nothing but my underwear. I danced around for a second before picking up my baggy T shirt and diving into it. I lifted my shorts and stepped into them, still dancing stupidly to the music.

I spun around to find the doll in the chair. I rushed to it and lifted it up. I began to dance with it like it was my dance partner. I did one last spin with it and gently set it down on a chair.

All control of my body left. I followed my feet as I began to dance around the house. I wandered into doorways, jamming out to the song. I must have looked so stupid, but it didn't matter. My limbs flew all over the place as I soared through the kitchen, to the foyer, past the painting of the Heelshires and back to the living room.

I glided until pain suddenly grabbed my left foot. I didn't have time to scream as I flew through the air and landed hard. My phone slipped out of my pocket and skidded along the floor. I sat up confused by my mysterious perpetrator.

It was my suitcase.

It lay in the middle of the floor.

Empty.

I quickly got to my feet and stared at my case in wonder. I didn't empty it did I? Chills ran down my spine as I slowly began to scan the room. My clothes were everywhere. Hanging on the chairs, splattered on the floor. Even my makeup and lotion stuff were thrown all about.

I looked to find the doll sitting in the same chair where I left it. One of my shirts lie in its lap. Confusion spun around in my head like a ceiling fan.

The doll stared at me almost demonically. I looked again at all my mess of clothes. Maybe when I tripped all the clothes spilled out. I cringed at myself for thinking something so stupid. The only way that could happen would be if I lived in a cartoon.

My heart thumped forebodingly, and I crossed my arms to comfort myself. I quickly began to pick up everything and put it away. I piled everything in my arms and tossed it into my open suitcase. I quickly zipped it up and pushed it away as if my stuff was a demon.

Fear trickled down my spine reminding me how exposed my back was, unconsciously I began to hum. Singing always comforted me. I guess it was a nervous twitch I had.

I backed up right onto the couch and sat. Paranoia still crept in my brain, taking candle light flickers and twisting them into creatures of the dark. I sat still, trying to control my racing heart. "Oh stop it Danielle!" I scolded myself out loud.

"There is nothing to be afraid of."

I began humming the lullaby song to myself, and I drifted off.