Chapter 18

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't sleep that night. So now I sat drinking a strong coffee and trying to stay awake as cam blabbered like the bubbly little girl she is. I hadn't taken the time to change so I sat in my sweats and overgrown long sleeve white shirt that kept falling down the side.

Nicolo hadn't come down yet and I had thought it was because he was avoiding confrontation but I knew that Nicolo wasn't scared of anything and could do anything he wished. It was in a way intimidating and in another annoying beyond hell. I who had been pestered by this mornings bloody red underwear dreaded the rest of the day's wake up calls.

Plus finding pads in this large house took me at least three years and when I found them I thanked God that they were always. Always use always is my motto. My head swirls with PMS and today is the first day I am trusting Rose with cam alone. She begged me on the phone to be able to take her out for the day and I had said okay. I told her she could take her to the mall and I'd meet them at the festival in town.

I was itching to use the home phone and call her back to tell her to cancel but I could not find it in me. It will be okay I chant to myself as I look at my baby girl as she dips her Chocolate cookie inside the white milk I had served her.

I was so lost in thought of today's activities that I hadn't noticed Nicolo as he walked into the room his suit and tie done perfectly and his messy bed head was well a masterpiece as well. It was weird and awkward as he walked into the room and caught my eye. He opened the fridge and grabbed a pancake from one of the many I had made and tossed in onto the table.

Next came the bottle of orange juice and butter, syrup and the pitcher of iced coffee that lay prepared in the refrigerator. A stack of French toast and plenty of bacon followed these things. My eyebrows lifted in confusion as Cam screamed away. Nicolo took out almost everything out of that fridge and his frustrated scream rang through my ears as he pulled at his hair. I did not move as I stared down at my cup. Someone is in a poor mood and look! Nicolo's here too. I feel the cream cheese and ketchup touch my toes as it slides across the floor.

I looked down at my feet and still I feel undeniably calm.
"What are you looking for?" I ask calmly. Nicolo stops his disruption of the love of my life.(the fridge) and turns to me practically fuming, his eyebrows furrow and his lips pout adorably as he stares me down. I squirm under his stare and he returns to his assault.

I hadn't notice the home phone buzzing in my hands. I answered Rose quickly and put the device  to my ear.
"Hello. Valentina dear how is everything? I'm coming to pick up Cam is she ready?" I hesitate in answering.
"Well.. Not yet but I'll get her ready, umm Rose something is wrong with Nicolo he's well he's raping the fridge." Roses screech of laughter made me shake my head in disbelief. I thought rape was illegal! I don't understand the humor of this situation.

I wait for her to calm down as Nicolo starts to check the freezer.
"What do I do!?" I screech but she doesn't stop laughing. I wait impatiently as her laughter rings in my ears.
"Okay Hun I'm coming just sit tight" I answer with a simple thank you and hang up.

I hadn't had time to react as the meat flew straight at me. I caught it as it hit my stomach. My rage had bumped up a level and now he was going to have his ear fall off because of the earful I was gonna give him. Never throw cold meat at a women during her menstrual cycle.

"Now you listen here buster! I'm in a piss mood and I don't need you and your bipolar appetite making it worse now I'll give you 10 seconds to give me an answer on why you are going ape shit on poor Bertha over here" something in Nicolo's stormy eyes flickered and his face softened.

"You named the fridge Bertha?" His humor was evident as he shook his head. I raise a brow at him and nod.
"Bertha is a nice name for a young fridge as herself. Now will you cut that out. Taking apart Bertha is not going to ease your conscious" I cross my arms across my chest and tap my foot as my mother would always do when she was feeling agitated.