13| blood for blood

Start from the beginning

"But now, our threat is back. Stamos won't stop until he has me in chains and every wolf under me either dead or utilized. If he isn't dead, we will never live in peace. It won't stop." Another Alpha, who to my surprise was a male, inputted. " A vicious cycle where no one wins. Great Alpha, I have an idea of how to ward some of the Kraken men off the Central C districts."

At this point, I had tuned them out, my mind reeling at the information I just took in. She did all that--by herself. She's more than a mutant x-man. She's like Wolf God.

A sharp whisper focused my attention to a curvy lady next to me. "Jaci Marcus," she bowed slightly. "I'm Jaci Adebisi. Of the Central Pack of Nigeria. I wanted to meet you--I've so much about you." I cringe slightly, remembering my behaviour. "Horrible things, I assume."

She laughs awkwardly and run her hands through her Afro. "Hey, trust me. I'm human too." I gasp and realize she doesn't have the same hulking manner that most of the wolves seemed to adopt. She was almost graceful. "I put up just as much as a fight as you did when Chigozie marked me. I ran away from him almost 15 times. I screamed, I broke things, I said awful things to his face. It was worse thinking about it now because he already felt so out of place being the first male Alpha and having the first human female Jaci as well. I didn't make things easy for him. It was until one day, when I had tore up his favourite book, he broke down and told me that if I wanted to leave I could. He was under so much pressure from the lack of respect the other Alphas gave him plus having to deal with me. I realized that I was being selfish. I had no home outside him and I decided to try and make things work. I can't imagine my life without him now."

"What I'm trying to say is that, it's overwhelming. This is one of the hardest years we've had in decades and she is not going to be always understanding or caring. Great Alpha has gone her whole life caring and taking care of other people. Just try and take care of her." I smile slightly. She had given me a lot to think about.

"Oh, and Alpha sex is phenomenal." she winks and leaves me a blushing, spluttering mess.

......

I sit on the edge of my bed as a disgruntled Fei takes my temperature.

"I don't see why you have to get checked," she grunts, wiping my forehead with a tea towel.  "S'not my fault," I drawl. "Your Alpha saw me blushing and decided that I still had lingering fever."

"Well, you are human, I suppose." I frown at her and whack her arm playfully. "Hey."

"Don't hey me. I could be in my quarters with Logan's face buried between my legs, yet I'm--"

I stick my fingers in my ears. "Nope. Nope. Nope." I chant, trying to erase the gross memory. "Jesus, what is with everyone and sex today?"

"Oh stop being such a teenager. You're gonna have to pump a couple of babies into her anyways."

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Don't want to talk about babies either." I chant louder, blocking my ears.

"Oh please, are you trying to tell me that if she walked in here and wanted to jump your bones you would say no?" I scoff and look sideways. "She would never do that. Jesus, she barely even comes close to me. We have some weird 5 cm distance thing going on."

"Oh that's normal for all rejected wolves. She might act fine because she has to keep up appearances but she's probably still hurting and won't make a move in fear of rejection. Guess the cards in your court, human. Better getting moving before she dies of sexual frustration and sleeps with Xlavin or someone."

My stomach lurches at the thought of Lana and Xlavin kissing. Lana and Xlavin sleeping together. "Can't she just run it off in wolf form? I heard that's a thing." She looks at me as if I'm crazy and answers, "Yeah, if she was a normal wolf. Lana can't shift. It's too dangerous for her. No recovering wolf can shift after transitioning. She can't risk changing not when she's being hunted."