Chapter Twenty Two

*Logan's POV*

I rushed to find all of the fighters already lined up in front of the pack house, ready for yet another war.

Didn't we already go through this once? I just had a son for Christ's sake, I didn't need to deal with this right now.

Gradually Ana's father and his rogues showed up, slowly forming their own army. Ana's father and I stepped up so we were within whispering distance, both in front of our own troops.

"How could you hurt your daughter and your mate like this?" I spit out with venom.

He glared but then eased back and shrugged. "They deserve it. I wonder how my daughter would feel if she became mateless..."

I growled warningly, but said nothing. I didn't trust my words not to come out in shouting.

He chuckled, pissing me off even more.

"Ready to die?" he asked.

"In your fucking wet dreams, you son of a bitch," I murmured, before mindlinking my troops, as we all shifted.

We went at these pathetic rogues without warning, catching them off guard. They were soon fighting back, though. But we were trained by the best, and won every fight. The only difference with this one is that it involves my mate and her family. I would fight even harder knowing that.

I killed three rogues and then looked around at our progress. Sure enough, other rogues' bodies lied around, and none of my pack has been harmed yet, thank goodness.

I went after two more, killing them too, before seeing that there were only a few other rogues left. That included Ana's soulless father. He deserved to die. Now.

In my big Alpha wolf state, I charged at him, knocking him to the ground in surprise. We bit each other, growling and yelping as we fought back and forth. He got me in the ankle, causing me to yelp. But I quickly went back at him, finally taking out a huge chunk of his neck.

He was dead, just like that. It felt so easy, normal, but it was such a crucial thing. I'd just killed the enemy, and all I felt was pride and satisfaction.

I looked around, seeing that we had won. All of the rogues lay around dead. We'd dispose of them later, as for now, another celebration!

I mindlinked the rest of the pack, telling them it was safe to come out, and that we'd won (of course).

Soon they were all running out to us. By now we'd all shifted back and put on some clothes. I only wore a pair of jeans, but who really cared? I was Alpha, I could wear what I want.

I spotted Ana from a mile away, jogging with a few other women, holding our baby boy tightly to her chest.

I felt bad for her, partially. She must be exhausted. And I know she didn't care for her father, but it was still her father. And I'd killed him. He was still family, even if it had to be done.

I met her halfway, hugging her and our son. I planted a long, lasting kiss on her lips, making her blush when I pulled away. She did that a lot, not that I minded- I find it adorable. Then I kissed the top of Logan Jr.'s head, already loving my son to no end.

"Some day you'll be where I am," I told him quietly.

"So, do you think we can be in peace now?" Ana joked. "I've had enough stress to last me a lifetime."

"But for you, it was all worth it," I told her, kissing her again.

I couldn't wait until we were finally bonded by not only being mates, but being wed as husband and wife. I loved this girl with everything I had, and I was blessed to have her as a mate. She'd stayed with me through it all.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN:: aw, cute huh? I tried to make it a happy ending. There will be one more chapter with the wedding, just as a little extra thing, so that'll be up soon. And please please PLEASE check out my other stories?? It'd mean the world to me. Thanks so much for reading! Love you all! _michelle