Chapter 21

Today is the day. The day they're finally going to perform. To say they're all scared shitless would be too much of an understatement.

Louis is green in the face and can't bear looking at anyone, Niall has had 5 cheeseburgers in the last 2 hours. He stress eats. Zayn won't get out of the bathroom. Harry has thrown up thrice, Liam is running laps while singing their song and Josh is screaming at himself while practicing because he feels like he isn't playing well enough. So yeah, shitless is talking mildly.

They have two hours before the performance and they're meant to be rehearsing but they find themselves unable to. They're going to fuck it up, they know it.

"Lou." Harry groans weakly.

"Harry please I really don't want to speak to anyone right now." Louis murmurs glasses on his nose and face buried in a book.

"I know! You said that half an hour ago as well. Zayn's come out of the bathroom to say if we don't start practicing in the next 10 minutes he's going back in and not coming out till the end of the day. We've managed to get Liam in the room as well. Niall is still eating so he's still stressed but he'll be fine once we start practicing. And for once I'm not feeling like I'm going to spill out my intestines. C'mon." He tugs on Louis' arm. Louis sighs resignedly and closes his book.

"Fine then. Let's go." He takes off his glasses, putting them into the case and sliding it into his bag.

Harry smiles and they both jog to the music room. "How the hell are we supposed to practice here?" Louis yells over the ruckus.

"It wasn't like this 5 minutes ago, I swear."

"Well what do we do now?" Zayn groans walking over to them with Liam, Josh and Niall tagging behind.

"I have an idea." Everyone turns to Harry.

"My place?" Everyone but Louis looks confused.

"You," he gasps out grabbing Harry's face, "are a fucking genius." He places a smacking kiss to his forehead. "Lads? Let's go."

"What the fuck are we going to do at his place?" Niall asks through a mouthful of... something.

"He has a proper music room. Guitars, a drum, a grand piano, the works."

"Then what are we waiting for? Louis you, Harry and Josh go. Me, Zayn and Niall will follow." Liam commands rushing out.

"Where are you going?"

"Getting my stuff!!" He yells breaking into a run. "I'll meet you all in the parking."

-x-x-

"Okay that's much better. I'm glad we're finally getting the hang of this." Josh wipes sweat off his brow.

"Yeah. But I think it's about time we go back to school. We can't risk missing the actual performance." Liam uncaps a bottle of water and puts it to his mouth."

"Fine then. You guys go. Harry and I will follow once we clean this up."

"Nah mate we made the mess, we'll clean it." Niall shrugs picking up a few empty bottles lying around. They all follow suit and within 10 minutes the place is clean.

-x-x-

"Harry." Louis places his hand on Harry's shaking knee. Harry stills under the gentle touch.

"I'm nervous." He mumbles, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. Louis smiles gently and pulls Harry closer to him.

"Don't be. You're going to be amazing yeah?"

"What if I mess up?"

"You won't. I believe in you." He gently tucks a curl behind Harry's ear making the lad smile softly.