Chapter 17

- Chapter 17 -

Laura's cab stops at the Eiffel Tower. She gets out of the car after giving the taxi cab driver riding money.

"Hey, go sit on a bench and enjoy the breeze. You'll feel better." The cab driver tells her.

Laura nods as the wind blows her hair in her face.

She walks to a bench just on the edge of the Eiffel Tower's bottom and sits down next to a guy.

Laura closes her eyes and breathes in and out, trying to stop the tears and sobs. "Stay strong, Laura. You're better off without him." She tells herself.

"Laura?" She hears someone say.

She looks to the person next to her.

It was Eric.

Laura's eyes widen as she gets up and is about to walk away. Eric pulls her back. "Hey, are you okay?"

Laura can't help but to sit down and let more tears out. What did he care? Why does he think that Laura would tell him?

Maybe because she's desperate and needed some comfort.

She sighs. Laura wanted to talk it out. She didnt care if it was Eric that she would talk it out to.

"No, I'm not." She starts. "Ross was tricking me into thinking he still liked me. I just found out today when he accidentally sent me a text to go to Elody and when he was kissing her."

"I'm sorry, Laura. I guess that you hate him now." Eric says, sounding sincere.

"I do!" She says. "I hate him for breaking my heart twice. I'm never ever going to even think about him again. I don't ever want to see his face again. I don't want to ever talk to him or anything."

"What about Austin & Ally?" Eric asks her.

Laura shrugs. "I'll do what he wants. I'll quit the show. We won't ever be able to work with each other. Especially, if i don't want to pay another thought to him."

Ross's taxi arrives at the Eiffel Tower. He quickly gives the driver the money and hurries out to find Laura.

"Let me help you." Eric tells her, looking into her eyes and leaning in close.

Laura looks into his eyes, searchingly. "What do you mean?"

Ross's eyes search everywhere. He finally sees Laura and some guy on a bench. They were really close.

He hurries toward her.

Eric closes his eyes and leans forward. Laura didn't know what to do. She was just so messed up by Ross. She didn't know how to react. She had no clue about what she was doing.

Ross kissed Elody. Why wouldn't she be able to kiss Eric? He could make her feel better. It would be payback for what Ross did to spear her heart.

Laura takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. Eric comes close to her lips and his breath touches her face.

Ross is too late.

He sees the guy kiss her and watch Laura do nothing about it. It tore his heart, mind, and soul to nothing but tiny pieces.

He couldn't breathe anymore. He couldn't feel. He couldn't think.

But, he wasn't going to let this happen and let her get away with it. He wasn't going to run away like people would think he would. "Laura..." Ross says, softly.

Laura pushes Eric away from her and looks to Ross. "What are you doing here?"

Ross tries to keep his voice strong. Inside of his chest, he felt an intense pain, trying to make him cave. "I came here to tell you that the text wasn't me and neither was the guy who was kissing Elody." He says. "I lost my phone outside somewhere."

Laura gets up and walks toward him. "How do expect me to believe that?"

Ross shakes his head at her. All he wanted to do was punch Eric in the face real hard. "First of all, believe me! After all we have been through! Do you really think i would kiss Elody!?" He tells at her.

Laura thinks about it and what she just did. "Ross..." She starts, reaching her hand to touch his arm.

Ross pulls away. "Don't touch me. I cannot believe that you fell for this stupid trick! You had to know that Eric and Elody planned this together to make us never be together!"

Laura's eyes continue to run. She glares at him. "Don't yell at me! If you were in my situation, you'd do the same thing! I didn't know what to believe!"

"Well, i believe that you're a freaking jerk for kissing Eric." Ross says, trying to keep his voice steady.

"I thought you kissed Elody so i thought you were the jerk." Laura says.

"Laura, come on! He looked nothing like me! Do you just not know me anymore!?" He yells, his eyes starting to water.

"Ross, i'm sorry! I didn't know what was happening! Nothing makes any sense to me anymore!" Laura says, crying harder.

A tear rolls down Ross's face and he quickly wipes it away, running his hand through his hair, trying to stay cool.

He turns away from her, but Laura comes back in front of him.

He turns to the side, gripping on the bench, hard. "Leave me alone." He says. "I don't know who you are anymore."

"Ross, I'm sorry. Don't you know the feeling? When you just feel completely messed up, you just don't know what to do?" Laura tells him. "I don't have any feelings for him. You know that!"

"Apparently, i don't know anything." Ross says. "Eric, you got what you want. You have her now. I don't care what you do with her."

"You know what? Stop. Don't pretend that you don't know me. Don't stand here and yell at me like I'm just some girl." Laura says.

Ross turns to her angrily. "You are just some girl. You're like all the others who cheat on their boyfriends and don't care."

"Shut up, Ross! You know I'm not like that!!" Laura yells. "Plus, we aren't even together!"

"It doesn't mean you feel good about kissing some other guy!" Ross yells.

"I don't feel good! This isn't my fault!" Laura yells.

Ross rolls his eyes, irritatedly. "Isn't you're fault!? You know what? This whole breakup is your fault! It's how you were that made us break up. It's not my fault! It's yours!"

"Don't blame anything on me! It's your fault that Elody and Eric was brought into our lives! You just had to be stupid and think to make me jealous. We could have made up that day! And none of this would have happened!" Laura yells.

"You're calling me stupid? What about you a couple of minutes ago? Can we talk about how stupid you are?" Ross says.

Laura sighs. "I'm not doing this anymore. I'm not going to keep arguing with you and keep saying sorry. I'm done."

"Maybe i shouldn't have kept saying sorry. I should have been done too." Ross tells her.

"It was your fault. You're the one who ignorantly cancelled on me." Laura tells him.

Ross sighs. "The reason i cancelled on you was because i had a song that i was going to sing to you for our anniversary. I wasn't exactly ready to sing it so, i needed more time."

Laura couldn't say anything. "Ross, i don't even know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. It won't matter now." He says, turning away from her.

Laura couldn't believe anything that just happened. Ross was such a sweet guy. How could she ever think Ross would do anything horrible?

Laura turns to Eric but he was gone. On the bench, there was only Ross's phone. She picks it up.

"Ross," she says.

He turns to her. "What?" He replies, sharply.

"I'm guessing Eric had your phone." Laura tells him walking toward him.

Ross takes his phone out of her hands.

"I'm really sorry, Ross." Laura says. "I don't expect you to forgive me but, i just want you to know that i wished none of this happened."

"Me too." He says and then he walks away.

. . .

Ross was in the green room of their concert, tuning his guitar as the stuff on stage was getting checked.

The rest of R5 was silent after Ross told them what happened between him and Laura.

No one knew what to say. Hopefully, the meet and greet will come faster so this terrible silence would be over.

"Do you still like her?" Rydel asks Ross.

Ross looks to her. "I don't know. But, i'll never be over her."

"Is she coming to the concert?" Rocky asks Ross.

"She told me she wouldn't miss it." Rydel says to Rocky.

"But, after what happened? I doubt it." Ross says.

"We're sorry, bro." Riker says.

Ross shrugs. Even though, the pain inside him was unbearable.

Soon, they took the stage. The VIP crowd screams as they come out.

Ross tries to use the energy of the crowd to make him smile but it doesn't work.

Ratliff bumps him. "Dude, smile." He mutters as he walks by.

Ross takes a deep breath and puts a small fake smile on his face.

This was going to be a disaster. It was a mistake for them not to do a sound check before the show. His voice was going to be so off.

"Okay, guys! Who's ready to get started!?" Riker exclaims.

The crowd screams. R5 smiles.

"So, as usual, we are going to start with a few questions." Rydel says. "Ross can go first."

Ross makes up something as an excuse. "Oh, and guys, I'm not feeling so good today. Soo, yeah." He says.

The R5ers 'awwww' and shout stuff like 'feel better Ross!'.

Ross smiles. "Thanks, guys. So, who wants the first question?"

Suddenly, the crowd scream and gasp. "Laura!! Laura! Laura!" They shout.

Ross turns around and he narrows his eyes at her. What was she doing here?

Laura flashes a smile at the R5ers who have gotten to accept the fact that Ross wanted to be with Laura. She walks to the front of the stage.

Ross hurries to Laura. "What are you doing?" He whispers to her.

Laura sighs. "I'm not going to make you pretend any more. I think it would be better if i just stepped out of your life."

Laura is about to go to the microphone but Ross grabs her arm. "That's not going to work. What about Austin & Ally?" He asks her.

"I think they can find a new Ally." She says, sliding her arm out of his grip.

"Laura, wait..." Ross says but, its too late.

She taps the microphone. "Um, hi. I'm not going to be here long. But, I'm just going to announce to the public..."

Ross goes over to Laura. "Laura, don't--."

"Ross and i aren't together anymore." She continues.

The R5ers gasp and start asking all these questions.

Ross leans toward the microphone. "Um, yes we are. Still together. Silly Laura." He says and then tries to pull her away from the microphone. "Get off the stage now." He tells her, under his breath.

Laura doesn't move. "Ross, I'm trying to help you."

"Laura, what about all of the hate that you'll get? How is this helping me?!" Ross asks her.

"I'm not going to cause you anymore problems. It would just be better if I'm not around you anymore." Laura tells him.

"Noooooooo!" R5ers scream.

Riker leans into the microphone. "Okay, how about this. The audience asks you guys questions to help you settle this."

"Riker, i just wanted to say that. I don't need to be here." Laura says.

"Now for the questions!" Rydel says.

People raise their hands as Ross glances at Laura and he walks over to his microphone.

Rydel steps out of Laura's way, to give her, her microphone and walks to Ratliff, talking to him by the offstage entrance.

Riker and Rocky go help set up. Laura glances at Ross. There was a microphone between them.

Ross picks a girl in the front. "Why did you guys break up?"

Ross looks to Laura. "You can answer because you're the one who said we should break up."

Laura bites her lip. "Well, it was on our anniversary. I wanted to go on a date and Ross said he had to go to band rehearsals. And then we started arguing and name calling. But, I'm not going to get into that."

"Ross, why did you diss Laura?" Someone yells.

"No, you see, she thought i cancelled on her but i was actually trying to practice for a song i was going to sing for her." Ross says.

"Awwww." They say.

"Why didnt you tell her?" Another girl says.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. But then, she dumped me." Ross says.

"After we called each other rude names." Laura says. "And then, the next day, Ross brought a girl to the set, trying to make me jealous."

"Guys, i know it was stupid." Ross says. "I'm pretty sure i made Laura feel pretty bad but, i thought she was hooking up with Calum. She wasn't. But, don't worry, she made sure i was slapped really hard." He looks to her. "I got a nasty bruise."

Laura looks at him. "Um, next question." She says, pointing to a girl.

"Do you think Ross is hot?" She asks.

Laura laughs, embarrassed. "Um... Um... Can i get a new question?"

"I like this question." Ross says. "Laura, i still haven't heard an answer."

"Um..." She looks at Ross, giving him a what-are-you-doing face. "Well, um... Ross is attractive to the point where--." Laura starts.

"She says yes." Ross says.

The audience laugh.

"I'm pretty sure i didn't say that exactly." Laura says.

"Okay, okay. Next question." Ross says.

"Do you wish to go back in time and stop the break up?"

Ross and Laura look at each other. "Everyday." Ross says.

"Me too." Laura says. They stare at each other for a while

"Laura, do you love Ross?" Someone asks.

"Well, we kinda are broken up so i'm gonna guess no. Next question?" Ross answers.

"Wait!" Laura exclaims. "Ross, yeah, we are broken up. But, over the past few days, that didn't mean anything. We still acted like a couple and did the things couples do. I mean, we almost got back together."

"Yeah, I agree. But then, you just had to go kiss some other guy." Ross says.

People gasp.

"Yeah, I didn't mean to. I was completely messed up. I don't like him at all and that kiss was nothing." Laura says to Ross.

"Nothing? Then why don't i feel nothing?" Ross says.

"It shouldn't be. When we kiss, i feel like I'm falling in love with you all over again." Laura says.

"All over again?" Ross asks, softly.

"I do love you, Ross. I still do." Laura says.

Ross smiles, tentatively. "I still love you too."

"Do you like to kiss Laura, Ross?" An R5er asks.

Ross smiles. "I'm not going to lie. I do enjoy it."

People giggle.

"Laura, can you kiss Ross?" A girl yells.

"I, uh..." Laura laughs. "I can. But, I'm not going to do that."

Ross smiles, flirtatiously and shoves his hands in his jean pockets. "Why not, Laura? Do you not want to fall in love with me all over again?" He says, walking over to her.

Laura smiles, not meaning to. She turns to Ross. "Ross, i thought it would be better if i just step out of your life."

Ross stops walking. He is super close to her lips. "That's stupid. How would that be better? Laura, you are the reason my life is as great as it is. I wouldn't ever want you to disappear."

Laura smiles at him and his gorgeous eyes. He had to be the sweetest guy ever. Her eyes shift from his eyes to his lips. "Ross, i think it just might be better for us. We wouldn't have to do this whole thing..."

Laura really wanted to kiss Ross now.

"This is really embarrassing. Do you know how close I'm standing to you and how long i have been waiting for you to kiss me?" He whispers.

Laura smiles and gets a little closer to Ross, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Do you really want to do this again? Are you over the whole thing?"

"Everyone needs a second chance. I'll forgive you if you kiss me, right now." Ross says, wrapping his arms around her.

Laura closes her eyes and leans into him. Ross closes his eyes and tilts his head down. "You know, you are supposed to kiss me. Not the other way around."

"I know." Laura says, meeting his lips and kisses him passionately. Ross smiles and kisses her back, just as passionate as the crowd scream.

. . .

After a very successful and fun concert, Riker, Ratliff, Rocky and Rydel go have dinner at a fancy restaurant. Ross and Laura get ready for their date, as Ross promised.

They walk out on a rooftop of an empty restaurant. There was only one table by the side that was set up.

The table had a white tablecloth and a candle on top. Their French dinner was already set up and soft instrumental music was playing.

"Ross! This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!" Laura says, looking over the edge at the pretty city lights and water down below them.

"No, I'm looking at the most beautiful thing." Ross says and smiles.

Laura laughs, playfully pushing him. "That was soo cheesy. Even you couldn't make that sound cool." She says.

Ross turns red of embarrassment. "Dude, you totally ruined the moment."

Laura laughs and then sits down at the table. He sits across from her. "Ross, i can't help but notice that you forgave me really quickly."

"I really like you, Laura. And--." Ross starts.

"Um, rephrase that." Laura tells him.

Ross rolls his eyes at her. "I love you."

Laura fidgets, excitedly. "I love hearing that. I love you toooo!" She squeals.

Ross laughs and continues. "And if you care about somebody enough you'll give them another chance. Plus, i believe you."

Laura looks at him. "I should have gave you another chance. You don't need to prove anything anymore."

Ross shrugs. "Okay, fine with me."

Laura rolls her eyes, smiling and they start to eat.

A breeze blows by and Ross watches as Laura's hair blows in her face. She notices him staring at her. "What?"

"Hey, I've been thinking... I'm always the one kissing you first. You never kiss me first." Ross says.

"That is soo untrue." Laura says.

"Prove it." Ross tells her, smiling.

"You just want me to kiss you." Laura says, rolling her eyes.

"Uh, duhh!" Ross says.

"Not right now." Laura tells him.

Ross groans. "Laura, i feel like now that you've kissed Eric, you don't want to kiss me anymore."

Laura puts her fork down and stands up. She walks over to him, sitting down in his lap, facing him.

Ross leans back in his chair. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry?" He says, confused at the situation.

Laura puts her hands on his neck and leans in as she brings him closer, crashing her lips against his. He takes the kiss by surprise but then slowly relaxes and sinks into it, taking her waist.

Their lips smack and Laura adds a hint of french in their kiss.

She pulls away and sighs. "Happy?" She asks, smiling.

"If your happy. But, you don't seem to thrilled to kiss me." Ross says.

"What!? Do you see how red i am?" Laura says.

"Lack of oxygen." Ross replies.

"Not completely true. I have a boatload of feelings for you." Laura says. "Hey! That rhymed!"

Ross rolls his eyes at Laura's energetic self. "Really? You have a boatload of feelings for me? Tell me more." Ross says.

Laura laughs, putting one of her hands on the side of Ross's face and pushes his head, playfully. "Hey!" Ross laughs.

Laura smiles at him and then starts to get up. Ross's expression falters. He holds her tighter. "Wait! Where are you going?" He asks.

"I'm going to eat. You should too." Laura laughs, trying to get off his lap.

Ross doesn't let her go. "Can we eat later? I wanted to give you something."

Laura relaxes. "Fine, but let me turn to the side or just let me sit on my seat."

"You can turn to the side. I like when your on me." Ross says and then his eyes widen. Laura gives him a weird look and laughs. "Whoa, Ross."

"You know what i mean." He smiles, kind of embarrassed. "I like when you sit on my lap."

"Okay, sureee." Laura says, shifting her body to the side.

"Dirty. You are dirty." Ross smiles at her and laughs.

"So, what were you going to give me?" Laura asks him.

Ross reaches into the jacket pocket he wore on the day they broke up and takes out the same small black box.

"I was going to give you this on our anniversary but... Well, you know what happened." Ross says.

Laura stares at the black box, solemnly. He couldn't be proposing. They were still young. They were still seventeen.

"Wait, I'm going to need you to stand up." Ross tells her.

Laura gets up, and starts to walk toward the side if the rooftop.

Ross gets up. "Wait, where are you going?" He asks her.

She rests her arms on the side of the roof ledge. "Actually, i don't want anything. I didn't get you anything so why should i except your gift?"

Ross walks over to her. "That's ridiculous. This is your anniversary gift."

She turns to him as he gets down on one knee.

'Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.' Laura thinks in her mind.

"Laura Marie Marano, would you..." He opens the case. "... Be my girlfriend again?"

Laura relaxes, relieved. Eyeing the gold chained necklace. Hanging off of the chain was a unique shaped heart. "Oh my god. You scared me to death. Do not do that ever again."

"Get down on one knee? I don't think that this will be the end." Ross says, standing up.

Laura's heart was still beating rapidly, as if she was anticipating a scary part in a scary movie. "Come here." She says, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him close.

Ross wraps his arms around her back. "Sooo, my question..."

Laura squeezes him tightly. "I would love to be your girlfriend again."

"And we can't ever let other people come in between us." Ross says.

"Never again." Laura says. "I love you so much."

Ross closes his eyes and smiles. "I love you sooo much more."

"Not even." Laura says.

"Even." Ross tells her.

She laughs and pulls her head back a bit to press her lips against his. Ross smiles.

After they break apart, they hug again. "Soo, do you like the necklace? Personally, i think it's perfect." He tells her.

"Yeah, it's beautiful!" Laura exclaims. "Do you want me to put it on now?"

"Sure." Ross says, pulling away from her and taking out the necklace.

He moves her hair out the way as he locks the necklace around her neck.

"I think this heart has an unique shape. I guess, it kinda resembles my personality."

"It's not just a heart."

"Isn't it a heart necklace?" Laura asks him.

"That's not what I what i was going for. But sure." Ross tells her.

Laura touches the necklace. "Then, what were you going for? I got nothing."

"Laura! You can't see it!?" Ross exclaims. Laura shakes her head. "Oh nooo. My life is ruined." He says, walking away dramatically.

Laura laughs and grabs his arm, pulling him back. "What's your problem?"

"Laura, look. Here is the L and then the R." He points to each letter. "It came pre-made like that. I think its pretty awesome that they made the first letters of our names into a shape of a heart."

"Awww!" Laura exclaims. "I see it now! Thats so awesome!"

"Oh god, Laura."

She laughs and then goes serious. "I like how the L and the R connect. It's kinda like how we were."

"We are connected in some weird way?" Ross asks her, confused.

"Um...No. This is gold so it keeps the L and the R bonded, strongly. Our bond was really strong before the breakup."

Ross takes her hands. "It still is strong. We haven't lost our gold. Even after we broke up we still kissed and i carried you up and down the stairs. We fought but we didn't kill each other. For some reason, i just couldn't let you go."

Laura looks into his eyes. "I actually thought about it and at times i did think of moving on. But, i couldn't."

"So, we still have our gold." Ross says.

"And hopefully, we'll have it forever."

-------------------------------------
Raura is back together!!!

I have an estimate of one more chapter.

Soooo, please voteeee!

-allaboutraura