Chapter 14

- Chapter 14 -

Riker and Vanessa get home at night around 9:00 as everyone was eating dinner.

Ross, Rydel, Ratliff and Laura finish laughing at a joke at the dining room table as they eat. Everyone goes silent as Vanessa and Riker walk in.

These new relationships were kinda inflicting on them, making them silent and hesitant.

"Soo, did you guys have fun?" Ratliff asks Riker and Vanessa.

"No." They say at the same time, quickly.

Everyone narrows their eyes at them. "What?" Ross asks, confused.

Riker and Vanessa nervously glance at each other. "Um, we mean... Yeah, it was fun." Riker says as they sit at the table with everyone else.

Vanessa gets two bowls of grilled chicken and macaroni and two cups of iced tea for her and Riker at the kitchen and brings it to the dining room table, sitting down.

Riker and Vanessa start to eat awkwardly. "Uhh, what did you guys do?" Vanessa asks, trying to start a conversation.

"We hung out in the pool." Rydel says.

"So, i guess you're healed?" Vanessa asks Laura.

Laura shrugs. "I guess. It didn't hurt at all. I didn't even notice it was still here."

Vanessa nods.

"Sooo, did you guys have fun?" Riker asks them.

Ratliff, Rydel, Ross, and Laura exchange glances. "Yeah, sure." Ross shrugs as Laura and Rydel nod.

"It was fun." Ratliff says.

"Did anything... I don't know, change?" Vanessa asks them.

"Umm, errr. Like what?" Rydel says.

"Like a new relationship of some sort?" Riker asks.

"We could ask you the same question." Ratliff says.

Riker and Vanessa gulp. "Uhhhh, umm... Uhhh... What? No." Vanessa says.

Laura squints at her sister. "You're hiding something." She tells her.

Ross looks at Riker and Vanessa. His eyes widen. "No way! You guys are dating! You two like each other! Oh my god, i soo called it!" He exclaims.

Laura laughs. "I told you, i told you, i told you! I knew you were going to fall for Riker! I knew you had a crush on him!" She says, excitedly.

Vanessa groans. "Ugh, fine! You were right. But, what's not to like about him? Anybody would fall for him."

Riker side hugs her. "Aww, V."

Ross nudges Laura. "Watching other relationships is very interesting." He says.

Laura nods. "Definitely."

"Okay, now it's you're turn to spill. What's up with you and Laura?" Riker asks Ross.

"Nothing. We're almost back together." Ross shrugs. "We aren't the one hiding something."

Rydel hits him, hard on his arm.

"Ow! What was that for!?" Ross asks her.

"I cannot believe you just gave us away." She tells him.

"Wait! What!? You and Ratliff are dating!? Oh no, oh no, oh no." Riker says, freaking out. "I don't think we could do this."

"What!? Riker! You said me and him would look good together!" Rydel says.

"Yeah, dude! You tease us all the time! Do you just not trust me? I've known you for like ever." Ratliff says.

"I do trust you. I'm just worried. I don't want this family to be full of heartbreaks. There are too many relationships going on. The band could end up splitting." Riker says.

"You basically just said that you have no faith in any of our relationships." Ross says.

"I mean, what else do i expect? Everyone is going to end up marrying each other in the end? No. That's not going to happen. We aren't in some kind of fairytale. There aren't always happy endings." Riker argues.

"Then tell us what you think is going to happen." Rydel says.

"Ross is going to go through another crushing heartbreak with Laura. You and Ratliff are going to end up realizing that it won't work out. And me and Vanessa are going to think our relationship is too awkward." Riker says.

Laura narrows her eyes at him. "Why don't you at least give us a chance?"

"You already had a chance, Laura. And if i wasn't dreaming, i recall you saying that you were never going to marry Ross." Riker tells her.

Laura looks at him in disbelief and then gets up from the table, going upstairs.

"Thanks a lot." Ross says to Riker, sarcastically and then goes upstairs to talk to Laura.

"You're just so unfair! Why can't you give us a chance!?" Rydel shouts.

Riker stands up. "I don't want the band destroyed!" He yells.

"Dude, even without starting the relationships, you're tearing the band apart." Ratliff says getting up. "I'm going back to my house." He says walking to the front door and out of the house.

"This is all you're fault!" Rydel yells at Riker and runs upstairs.

Seconds later, a door slams shut.

Riker looks to Vanessa.

She was pretty sad. "I guess, i should have known this wouldn't work out. I mean, you can't ever get together you kinda just met. You know, forget about the trip to Paris tomorrow. Laura and i aren't going and we're leaving." She says, starting to go upstairs.

Riker grabs her wrist. "Vanessa, i didn't mean that. I don't know what just happened. Please, can you help me make things right?"

Vanessa sighs. "No. This is your mess. I won't help us back together or Ross and Laura." She says, almost bitterly.

"Why not Ross and Laura?" Riker asks her.

"I don't want a sibling of mine dating a sibling of yours." Vanessa fires and yanks out of Riker's grip.

"You're going to make it worse." Riker tells her. "You can't do that."

"Watch me." Vanessa goes upstairs without another word.

Riker slumps down in his seat. He crashed Dad's car, got Laura hurt, let Rocky leave, broke Ratliff and Rydel apart, broke him and Vanessa apart, made Ratliff leave, killed their good night, split the band apart, and possibly ruined the rest of his life.

All his siblings had to hate him, right now.

Heck, he pissed off everyone in the house.

Being in charge is too much.

. . .

Rydel sat in her room, alone and texted Ratliff again. This was the 22nd time and he still hasn't answered.

She texted him again: I'm really really sorry.

He doesn't text back and Rydel buries her head in the pillows and tears spilled out.

She was incredibly mad at Riker.

But, she couldn't hate him.

Riker was like the best brother anyone could ever had. He was just full of stress and he freaked.

Maybe he didn't mean to...

Of course he meant to, that's why he did it!

But... That may not be true.

Would things get back to being right? Is Ratliff going to come back in time for Paris tomorrow? Is Rocky going to come back?

Rydel is the second oldest of the family. She should be worried too. Not have all the pressure on Riker. Like how it is now.

She needed to have a reasonable conversation with him. She knew he wouldn't crush Rydel's love life on purpose.

Rydel gets up and takes her phone downstairs to talk to Riker.

She passes Vanessa on the way.

Vanessa goes into Ross's room where she found them talking to each other. She waits by the door, waiting for them to finish their possibly last conversation.

"You know that was a while ago. That i said i wouldn't marry you." Laura tells him, sitting next to him on his bed.

Ross smirks. "It's okay. Just forget about it."

Vanessa cuts in. "Laura, come on. We are leaving."

"What?" Ross and Laura ask in unison.

"You're joking, right?" Ross asks, Vanessa as he stands up.

"No. Laura, i'm sorry but i don't want you to date Ross or even talk to him." Vanessa says.

Laura gets up and goes to her. "Why not?"

"Any sibling of mine shouldn't date a sibling of Riker's." She tells Laura.

Ross goes over to Vanessa next to Laura. "Vanessa, i'm not the same as Riker."

"It doesn't matter. I just want what's best for Laura."

"What's best for her? How do you think that taking Laura from me is best for her?" Ross asks her.

"Shut up, Ross. This is my final decision."

"No, don't tell him to shut up." Laura snaps at her sister, defending Ross. "I'm asking the same question. Why on earth do you think taking me from him is alright?" Laura says, getting angry.

"Whoa." Vanessa says. "I'm not the bad guy here. This is Riker's fault."

"Don't blame everything on my brother." Ross says. "He's not the one splitting us up and trying to create some stupid feud between the Lynch's and the Marano's."

Vanessa ignores him. She grabs Laura's arm. "You are coming home."

"No, i'm not. The power is out. Remember?" Laura says, yanking her arm away.

"Laura! You and I both know i just turned the power off! Ugh! This was a mistake to agree to this stupid plan to get you and him back together." Vanessa groans.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying here and going to Paris with them tomorrow." Laura says.

"I'm done. We are going home." Vanessa says and gets all of her stuff and Laura's stuff. Then, she heads to the car.

Laura follows her, trying to get her stuff back. "Vanessa! You aren't going to make me leave!" She yells.

Vanessa pushes Laura into the car and locks the doors as she gets in. "No! Let me out!" Laura yells as she tries to open the door.

Vanessa starts the car and drives away from the Lynch house.

Laura looks back and sees Ross standing there and watching them as they go out of sight.

"This is for your own good, Laura." Vanessa tells her.

"Ugh!" Laura yells, totally losing control. She grabs the steering wheel and tries to turn around.

The car swerves any Vanessa screams, pushing Laura off of the wheel and steadies the car back on the right side of the road. "You're insane! Were you trying to get us both killed!?"

Laura leans back in her seat and covers her face with her hands she starts to sob. "All i want is to be with Ross. He is all i want."

Vanessa looks at her.

"All you are doing is caring about yourself. You can't be with Riker so i shouldn't have Ross. You're just mad at Riker because he broke you guys up. You feel that Ross is like Riker and he's going to break my heart or something like that. Well, Riker isn't a bad guy. You know how much stress he had and how many things he had to handle. But, trying to split me and Ross apart. Just won't do."

Vanessa looks away from Laura, worried about what she was going to do next.

. . .

Ross slams the front door closed behind him and angrily runs a hand through his hair.

He pulls out his phone and texts Laura: no one is going to stop us from getting back together.

Laura texted back a couple minutes later: agreed. I'm about to get myself in so much trouble.

Ross looks worriedly at his phone: you shouldn't.

Laura: you can't stop me.

Ross: seriously, Laura. Don't do anything you'll regret and don't hurt yourself.

Laura: i'll be fine. Trust me. Go sort things out with Riker. I bet he's stressed.

Ross puts away his phone and goes into the living room where Rydel and Riker were talking.

"He isn't texting back but i'll let him know you're sorry." Rydel says.

"I'm happy you understand, Rydel. I've been so stressed out lately. I didn't know what to do." Riker says.

"No problem. But, promise me that you'll apologize to Ratliff and let us stay together." Rydel says.

"Okay, I promise. But, i want you to know i'll always protect my little sis." Riker says and hugs her.

Rydel smiles and hugs him back. "I'll always love my big bro."

Ross watches his siblings and smiles, slightly.

Rydel and Riker stop their sibling hug and look to Ross.

He sits down.

"Dude, i'm really sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen." Riker tells Ross.

Ross sighs and stares at the blank tv. "I know. It really isn't completely you're fault and i really don't think that anybody or anything could stop us from getting back together." He says.

Riker and Rydel smile at him. "It's good that you never stop fighting for what you want. You never let anyone take you down." Riker says. "You're a strong guy, Ross."

Ross smiles. "Thanks and you're not a bad guy. We all know you've had a lot to worry about."

"Thanks. Are you and Laura mad at me?" Riker asks.

"No. You're good. Just don't try to stop us from getting back together." Ross replies.

Riker smiles. "Done."

Just then, someone shows up in their living room.

Rydel gets up. "Rocky!" She exclaims and hugs him.

Rocky smiles and hugs her back. "Hey."

Riker gets up. "Dude, you don't know how worried we were about you." He tells him.

Rydel pulls away. "Where were you?"

"I stayed at Elody's house. But, i left today since i found out that Ross was right." Rocky says looking to Ross.

Ross looks away from him. He remembered when Rocky almost hit Laura and when he punched Ross. He remembered their fight that day clearly.

"Elody was using me to mess with you and she did. I wish i believed you earlier." He says to Ross. "I just was so hooked up on finding a girlfriend. I didn't keep my guard up. I forgot that girls can do that to guys."

Ross pulls out his phone, not wanting to listen to Rocky. He didn't even say sorry. He texted Laura back: Rocky's back. I'm still waiting for him to say sorry.

"I came back because i was stupid and crazy. I want to say sorry for punching you."

Ross looks to him. "I still don't fully forgive you. You tried to hit Laura."

"Where is she, anyway?" Rocky asks.

"Why? I'm not going to let you hit her." Ross says.

Rocky goes over to Ross. "I'm sorry. I'm not going to hit her. I lost my mind that day but i swear i wasn't really going to hit her. I might have came close to it but i would have stopped myself."

"Good thing i stopped you." Ross says, getting up and walking to the kitchen.

Rocky follows him. "Dude, can you please let it go?"

Ross turns around angrily. "No. I will not let it go. How would you feel if i was about to slap the girl that you care about? Would you just forget about it and be best friends again?"

"I said i was sorry." Rocky says.

"Sorry isn't going to do anything." He snaps, reminding himself of Laura.

Ross tells her sorry all the time.

But, like how he felt, she feels like saying sorry doesn't really mean that you're not going to hurt someone again.

Laura was hurt and doesn't want to be hurt again. She wants Ross to prove that he won't hurt her again. She wants him to prove to her that he really likes her enough to not hurt her again.

He needs to put his mind to something and prove to her that he loves her.

Because, he does love her.

"Ross? Hello? Are you okay?" Rocky asks him.

Ross snaps back into reality and frowns at Rocky, who woke him up from his daydream.

"Dude. Don't you understand? Wouldn't you want a second chance?" Rocky asks Ross.

Ross looks down. Laura gave him a second chance and now their almost together again.

Plus, Rocky is his brother. His best friend.

Ross looks up at him. "Fine. I forgive you. And i didn't cry like you said i would."

Rocky smirks. "You're a fighter, Ross." He says, messing up Ross's hair.

Ross laughs and fixes his hair. "Now it's my turn to beat you up."

Rocky's smile fades. "Are you serious?"

Ross smiles. "No, I'm kidding."

Rocky laughs. "Okay, where's everyone?"

Ross smile fades as he explains everything to him.

Rocky stops smiling and he puts a hand on Ross's shoulder. "You'll get her back, dude. No one can stop you two."

Ross hoped that would be the case.

----------------------------------------------
Okay... I haven't even started my book review and the summer is almost over...

Ugh. I'll work something out.

Anyways, ha! Look how committed i am! I updated yesterday and today!

Yaaaaaayyy!

Oh and a question... Do you guys care if i reply to your comments and messages?

I feel like ignoring comments gets people to fangirl when the person finally answers you.

Does anyone fangirl?

I'm not really that crazy for attention but I'm just saying that it would be cool.

Does anyone want to be famous when their older?

Anywayss, you know the drill! VOTEEEEEE!

- allaboutraura