Safe/Unsafe

In   basic psychology there is a chart   that shows  the  development of self-actualization. It was put together by Dr Maslow if you want to research lol      At the bottom or base of the pyramid  there is physiological needs like eating dsrinking breathing and such  then safety and security needs.   From the day we   come out of our mothers womb  we are thrust into   feeling safe/unsafe.   I remember a study  done  in one psych class  about   newborn monkeys and   the differences between those who recieve constant  affection and   physical  touch by their mother as opposedto those who   are   not given this affection and touch. The ones   who did not recieve it   showed  signs of  depression   sickness and   inability to handle    stresses for their   development. They felt unsafe.

All of us   have to  manage these 2 issues. Hopefully we will have   major help along the way. Our parents had to do the same, as did their parents before them and so on. Cycles of  dysfunction camn pass down   multiple geneartions where   to  a huge degree internally  we  feel unsafe.  Most of us find a way to cope and learn how toi  cover  our inner self by wearing masks.  Feeling safe   allows  us to  not need a mask. 

Our relationship with our parents- safe or unsafe. Friends and   other relatives- safe or  unsafe. What we experience in just  exploring the world   either in school or   work or just   going different places- safe or unsafe.Sometimes it is   hard to even think  through these things because it is scary to  face our own feelings of  being unsafe. This is   another major reason  counseling is so  helpful. It lets you communicate as intimatelky as you  let yourself and feel safe and free to do so- no judgment upon you nor rejection.

Wattpad is a  great place to test the waters, both by expressing ourselves in stories,poems,in our profiles and in  conversations. It can be botrh sae/unsafe depending on  trhe person- but it is  safe to feel unsafe- if that makes sense- because it is  done from  your own  space and  allows  you to   refelct   learn grow and   make use of   all experiences  hopefully feeling safer each  day.