Her eyes flicked up to mine and she hesitated slightly. "Yes."

"What's your name?"

Again, she hesitated. "Joanna."

"Fresh out of the academy?"

She didn't respond and I nodded.

"They sent you in here because you're young, you're smart, you're ambitious, they think you're like me. And hell, maybe you are! So, they think that you'll be able to get me to go back on my decision and stand where I belong with my brother," I said quickly. "But here's the thing, Joanna, I'm not going back on my decision."

"I went to Yale before the academy," Joanna said quietly. "I once went and saw you speak one day during my freshmen year; you were giving a talk about the struggles of being a young woman working in a male dominated field. I remember thinking how amazing it was to see you. There you were, sitting in front of us, younger than the majority of us, describing how you spent the majority of your time in sausage fests, but never let that hold you back."

"Your point?"

"You never struck me as the type of girl to betray her family because a boy asked her to."

"Because a boy asked me to?! Believe me, Joanna, I'm acting out of complete free will." I laughed loudly and rolled my eyes. "My god, you all think this is so much simpler than it really is, don't you?"

"Enlighten me, then."

I cursed to myself as I realized I had trapped myself right where she warned me. Sighing and procrastinating, I stood from the cot and walked the width of the room, gradually getting closer to where I thought the forcefield was. I stopped shortly and looked back at Joanna. She looked only a little more comfortable.

"Can you tell me about your relationship with Mr. James Barnes?" She asked after clearing her throat.

I rose an eyebrow. "My brother didn't fill you in on that?"

"Obviously, you two had a deep connection. You've been saying his name in your sleep for two days straight," she continued. "Now, what I'm wondering is wether or not your connection was beyond sexual. Your brother doesn't seem to think so."

"What do you think, Joanna?"

She began to respond, but quickly shut her mouth as the door slid open again. Secretary Reid stomped down the stairs, glaring over at me.

"Magnum PI, so glad you could join us!"

He sighed loudly and put his hands on his hips. "Cut the shit, Stark."

"So we're not being friendly?"

"You know, I couldn't say this before because you were supposedly on our side, but I really really dislike you," he sneered.

I smiled sarcastically at him. "Touché."

"Where's Captain Rodgers?" He asked loudly.

"Right to the point, huh?"

His jaw tightened. "Where are they?"

"I don't know," I sighed. "My brother threw me into a wall before I could find out."

"I don't believe you," he muttered. "Joanna, will you please play the audio recording from the cell across the compound."

Joanna pursed her lips together and hesitated slightly. Reid turned towards her, narrowing his eyes sternly. She cleared her throat and began tapping away at her tablet. A loud scream filled the room, and I flinched, immediately recognizing the sound. It was the same sound that had woken me up in the middle of the night countless times.