Chapter Fourteen: Stop Glaring

Start from the beginning

Once I was inside he handed me my bag before closing my door, and went around to get inside the driver’s seat. He started the car and pulled out of the underground parking lot of my apartment complex.

The nice Lucas is totally new to me, but he’s acting so sweet that I might actually get used to this.

When we both got out of the car at the same time, the students looked at us with awe. They were like a bunch of fan-girls who were jumping around because their OTP finally got together.

“They’re staring,” I whispered to Lucas as we started walking to the school entrance.

“How could they not?” he smirked and I rolled my eyes. Same old cocky Lucas Smith.

Once we entered the school, I looked around for Drew. My stomach was still a little queasy from that mayonnaise cake that he gave me from yesterday, but I was still filled with glee by the fact we were back to being friends.

When I spotted the familiar head of brown hair, I turned to Lucas, “Thanks for the ride, see you later.”

“Wait—“he said in an attempt to stop me but I didn’t hear anything else because I made a run for Drew.

When I was close enough, I yelled, “Everett!”

Let’s just say that somebody waxed the floor because it was so slippery my shoes couldn’t stop even though my feet weren’t moving anymore.

You could only guess what’s next; I crashed into Drew and he lost his balance causing the both of us to go falling to the ground.

Thankfully, he caught my fall. Though from his groans of pain he wasn’t much of a happy camper.

“Sorry,” I muttered sheepishly.

“Just get off of me,” he breathed out, and I couldn’t help but giggle.

“Celeste!” Another voice boomed through the hallways, and the next thing I knew, I was being pulled off of Drew and into a hard chest. A pair of arms circled around my waist and held me possessively.

I blinked once, then twice before finally turning my head to see that it was Lucas, and he was glaring at Drew with jealousy.

“Smith,” Drew greeted casually as I realized that he had finally got back on his feet, and composed himself.

“Everett,” Lucas gritted out.

I squirmed in his hold before jotting my elbow to the side, effectively freeing me from his grasp.

“Lucas,” I scolded him, “Don’t you dare look at Drew like you’re about to kill him.”

Even after my words, his glare didn’t once falter. I sighed before grabbing Drew’s arm. “We’ll see you at lunch.”

I started pulling Drew away from Lucas, ignoring all the stares the students were giving us.

“He likes you,” he stated the obvious.

“I know.”

 “Do you like him back?” he pressed further, making me stop in my tracks.

Well, that was a question I didn’t bother on thinking about before. I’ve known Lucas since third grade when the Smiths moved to town. He has been torturing me non-stop, which made me think about his confession. He apologized and he proved this morning that he’s willing to change just to make me see him in a different light.

He’s doing a pretty good job on convincing me, but did I harbor any feelings for him?

“I don’t know,” I replied quietly. I felt Drew stiffen, and I sighed.