The Goblet

I sat at dinner that evening noticing Neville sneaking glances at me between heads at the Gryffindor table. 

“Is it me or that guy keeps moving his head from side to side just to get a look at you?” asked Celine picking potato out of her molars.

“Well he asked me to the ball, I said yes,” I said smiling at him as he came in view of me.

“Isn’t he like a fourth year?” she asked.

“Yeah, he’s cute though, am I right?”

“His teeth are a bit crooked but who am I?” she asked.

I rolled my eyes and caught the odd glare of Professor Snape. He is so weird I thought to myself the way he acts around me sometimes is just atrocious. But other times he is very sweet. I really don’t understand him.

“Can I get everyones attention please,” asked Professor Dumbledore.

Everyone quieted down.

“Thank you, now it is time to announce who is going to be in the triwizard tournament,” the goblet burst with fire sending out a paper. “The first one is, Victor Krum for Durmstang,” said Dumbledore with a little smile.

The boys from dumstang arose in cheering.

“The second is, Cedric Diggory for Hogwarts,” the people of Hogwarts cheered and patted him on the back.

“Last but not least,” the goblet sent out a it’s last puff of fire. I put a piece of chicken into my mouth. “The beauxbaton in the championship is... Charline Laroche!” said Dumbledore. I choked on a piece of chicken and I noticed Professor Snape spit out his pumpkin juice.

“This can’t be,” I whispered. “Professor Dumbledore, I didn’t put my name in the goblet!” I yelled. 

“Well it spit out your name,” said Dumbledore with a cheery smile.

I got up and walked to the front of the room feeling sick. 

Seconds later the goblet spit out another piece of paper. “Harry Potter!” yelled Dumbledore across the whole room. “Get up here, now!” yelled Dumbledore.

-----

Harry and I were both forced to stay in Dumbledore’s office for a few minutes and wait for all the other teachers. 

“So, did you put your name in the goblet?” I asked awkwardly still staring straight forward in shock.

“No, how bout’ you?” he asked doing the same.

“No,” I sighed.

“Kay’,” said Harry breaking through the complete silence.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes till the teachers burst through the door.

“She must Severus,” sighed Dumbledore.

“I am not letting her, there is no way!” Professor Snape exclaimed laying his hand on my shoulder.

“First of all Miss Laroche did you put your name in the goblet,” asked Madame Maxime.

“I did not, Madame, I wouldn’t be here if I did,” I sighed.

“Must I do this?” I asked Dumbledore.

“You must Miss Laroche, I apologize,” smiled Dumbledore.

I felt very sick at the moment, I was wondering who put my name in and why. I got up and started towards the door. The last words I heard were “As for you Mr.Potter,” coming out of McGonagall’s lips before I passed out cold on the floor.